Adventures in Cooking

They’re absolutely amazing and surprisingly easy to make. I alter the recipe (as I do for most desserts) by increasing the Grand Marnier (woot!) and orange zest, and adding Meyer lemon zest for more citrus flavor. :ok_hand:t3:

Chef John’s video is hilarious as well. :joy:

7 Likes

That looks like a must try! I like making a white clam souffle for a meal.

I love his video for Sopa De Ajo too. It’s really good if you like garlic and paprika (smoked/hot).

The Milk Street version of Jose Andrea recipe is also good but more effort.

We’ve gone down the meringue rabbit hole… French, Italian, and Swiss versions for these silly little cute cookies.

Chocolate ganache with raspberry filling.
Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

6 Likes

You guys are pros…I only do my basic snot. :relaxed:

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to try baking a soufflé but have never been brave enough. I do brownies and simple cakes but never considered myself a baker.

2 Likes

I’m no baker by far! You should make a souffle! Eat them quickly as they deflate somewhat out of the oven. I didn’t know this at 1st and got bummed out with my white clam souffles when they fell before eating/showing them off. So be ready to eat when they’re done. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

sunchokes all day.

3 Likes

Never heard of them, had to look them up.

Fartichokes eh! :rofl: That should go well with flax seed.

What are sunchokes?

Sunchokes are a tubular-shaped, thin-skinned root vegetable of the sunflower plant family that’s in season from late fall through early spring. Often mistakenly referred to as Jerusalem artichokes, sunchokes have no origins in Jerusalem, and they really don’t taste like artichokes. If anything, sunchokes can be accurately compared to potatoes, both in how they’re grown underground and their earthy flavor profile. But it’s possible the mix up between sunchokes and artichokes has more to do with the disenchanting root word they share: “choke.”

But before we divulge all the delicious ways you can put sunchokes to good use, we should warn you that sunchokes have another interesting nickname. As one of our food editors put it, they’re also known as “fartichokes.” And we’ll leave it up to you to make the decision on whether its gassy effects are worth the risk.

Edit: Made some chicken chimichangas.

Imgur

4 Likes