Adventures in Cooking

Got the trager out and made some burgers today. Went pretty well. Not really an adventure but still fun :blush:

3 Likes

A couple pork loins started for this evening

3 Likes

It was a national news story several years ago. Surprised me but I still ate some. Lightly fried fish fillets!

The standards have been lowered and the verbiage changed from what I found today looking for it. Now they call it ‘impaired’ waterways I guess. Fish/Seafood itself is a major contributor to plastic ingestion evidently.

Humans consume the equivalent of a credit card worth of plastic every week. Plastic is in the air we breathe, the water we drink and the food we eat:

Been doing smash burgers lately! I didn’t think I would end up liking them this much. Turns out, smash em quick and you can’t mess them up.

4 Likes

Would love to find a really good recipe for bread machine pizza doe that makes good bread sticks. It is hard to find good bread sticks in my area. I have to travel 80 miles for a decent bread stick.

2 Likes

Disturbing!

4 Likes

This standard dough makes a nice sheet of breadsticks. It’s the crust type not the fluffy airy single stick ones.

These are okay but more crust like imho too. I just end up using the dough recipe above since you can make it in big batches and keep for a couple of weeks or longer.

Saw the Great Pacific Garbage patch is now twice the size of Texas or 3 times the size of France. Mostly plastic! It bashing around constantly is what’s created all the micro-plastic it said. Shrimp is full of micro-plastic as are all the bottom dwelling fish/creatures.

A bad picture of a double patty smash burger! The ‘fry sauce’ is good but a bit redundant if you like pickles and ketchup already.

Also smoked some jerk marinated chicken legs. This brand is authentic and spicy!
https://www.amazon.com/Walkerswood-Jamaican-Seasoning-9-25-Pound-Jumbo/dp/B005CMA7OA/ref=sr_1_5?crid=GJAM24QBFDC5&dchild=1

4 Likes

2 Likes

Exquizite combo:

4 Likes

spanako
I made Spanakopita

6 Likes

Is it puff pastry?

2 Likes

Nope, Phyllo Dough

1 Like

Hmmm, Nice! How about a tutorial about this?? Looks veeery good.

2 Likes

this is the recipe that I used:

2 Likes

I don’t know if I have phyllo dough around here… But I’ll try, thanks for the recipe!

2 Likes

Not to bomb, but they opened up the kitchen.

5 Likes

I don’t have the pictures, but try oatmeal with water (no milk) plus cheese and chilli on top. Might sound disgusting but taste amazing IMO.

3 Likes

I don’t know man…

3 Likes

Quinoa salad, Orzo, Spanakopita, Pita Chips, Hummus, all homemade. (yes every post of mine on this thread is Mediterranean food, no reason why lol)

11 Likes

Mediterranean food is delicious, if it works it works!

I should’ve taken a picture (so the ones below aren’t mine) but we made this tonight (and didn’t garnish with fresh sage like pictured and made coconut “bacon” instead of shiitake “bacon” since that’s what we had):

Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta w/ a Cashew Cream Sauce

Then we also had an easy massaged kale salad w/ a simple lemon-tahini dressing and crispy chickpeas (again not my picture):

7 Likes

OK, I didn’t cook it, but it sure was good…

13 Likes