Adventures in Cooking

Good morning, today I completed the challenge proposed to myself. It was a curious and disruptive journey in some ways, first because I don’t have the habit of eating pork, second because to make the recipe, I bought some different additional ingredients - and I think in my case, where cooking is just fun, there is the correct place to experiment new flavors.

I just ate everything, boy, I’m FULL!
I thank @Grendel for the recipe proposal and I hope to be evaluated for the presentation “masterpiece”, how about it? ahahahah

In general it was an Adventure in Cooking!

10 Likes

Post your birds boys . My turkey came out super tender and juicy . I have been donned the nickname of turkey master in my family.

Hope you all had a great one!

8 Likes

Great looking adventure! You could try some southern comfort food with some breakfast sausage if you make it again. Sausage gravy! Over biscuits or even fresh bread. I use heavy cream and milk if I have it, just milk otherwise. Not my recipe but a simple and tasty version. Add spices you like to mix it up. Poultry seasoning mix works well, cayenne, or habanero powder for real heat.

You too! We didn’t do a bird this year or I would’ve posted. Looks good!

4 Likes

Roasted a 6 lb chicken for thanksgiving. No pics, sorry.
Still have some left. There was only two of us here for it.

2 Likes

This is unacceptable . How can you not catch a few pics for the gram! Not to mention complete neglect of this thread. I am sad.

On a serious note chicken sounds good .

3 Likes

Didnt get to see my family for Thanksgiving (work has been crazy) so we are having it today. Super non-traditional, but I’m making brisket :heart_eyes::yum: only made 2 before this, but they have turned out really well so far.

3 Likes

Tonights dinner grilled salmon with cilantro lime white rice topped with feta cheese Asiago butter

A bit rough looking but very flavorful

5 Likes

I will do it again, and once donne, I’ll post here; but today, my attempt of being healthy:

:joy:

5 Likes

Healthy till you add the cream sauce eh? :wink:

Put some south in your mouth as they say round these parts… lolololol…

Chicken Marsala has mushrooms! Simple and tasty over pasta.

5 Likes

I made Baklava

9 Likes

I like big beef and I cannot lie . Simple dinner tonight

6 Likes

Honey glazed ham is quickly becoming a staple every Xmas

10 Likes

Toooop, tapioca jalabombs!!!

6 Likes

I’ve started fixing packs of chicken breast filets in the crock pot. Cook on low for 6 hours with neutral seasoning. Just salt, pepper and a can of broth. They are ready to shred with a fork and can be mixed with several items. Mix one with salsa for tacos or enchiladas. Mix with a box of stuffing for a casserole. Add to chicken noodle soup, spaghetti sauce, potato soup, etc… Cook a large batch, freeze individually, and they are always ready when you need to make something quick.

1 Like

Sounds good… That batch was made with pre cooked chicken, waaaaay faster.

Diner:

Gohan with salmon home made furikake. Waaaaah, oishiiii dessu.

2 Likes

A Thai whole fish adventure. Pa Lad Pik with Pompano fish. Never had Pompano before but its a great fish for this dish lol.

I’ve been missing Poke bowls. Now I have to make some! :smiley:

4 Likes

Owwww boy, that made my mouth water. That’s the definition of appetizing.

2 Likes

Did you catch the fish yourself?

3 Likes

Not these. Unless you count ‘catching’ them at a grocery store since they rarely have whole fish! :laughing:

Not supposed to eat any fresh water fish caught in the US anymore according to the EPA years ago. :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Gotta say this is news to me, living in the Great Lakes area.

4 Likes