Addiction: sOMEThING by YoYoAddict

Addiction

Stats

Weight (g) 67.2
Diameter (mm) 57.41
Width (mm) 42.50
Trapeze Width (mm) 37

Impressions

Despite the yoyo being plastic, the aluminium weight rings gives it plenty of weight and therefore the yoyo has a very solid feel. The spin time is decent but not exactly very long and clocked in at about 2+ minutes with fresh pads and stock bearing. However, that is enough to squeeze in a 1-minute combo with a strong throw. It is shaped after the famous ANGLAM by sOMEThING but with a slightly wider diameter and the way it is shaped makes it play pretty quickly and superbly. It likewise plays quite smoothly on string and slides with fair ease (I test this by doing Skin the Gerbils/ Hamsters). I can’t really judge how this yoyo plays for horizontal as I suck at it, but from watching videos alike I see that it has no problems with that at all. However, the only major con with this throw is the fact that you can’t really do finger spins nor thumb grinds with this. You can sort of do a slight bit of fingerspin on the weight rings but it just isn’t ideal to do so. The fact that it is a plastic throw also makes it virtually impossible to do grinds without a glove as it would just jump off. It is a really pretty throw with a simple design (mine is clear with black weight rings) and I am loving it. With a price of about USD $40 (Purchased mine from my local store for SGD $59.90) I’d say this throw is pretty worth it and a great addition to my collection.

Summary

Pros:

• Fairly cheap
  • Fast and Smooth
  • Solid
  • Pretty
  • Horizontal-capable

Cons:

• Fingerspins
  • Thumb grinds
  • Grinds

To see this Yoyo in A[ddi]ction: (Hah get it: Action)