Acrylic latex caulk kicks so much butt.

Some of you may know I’ve taken too caulking a throw or two of mine. The process is similar to using RTV, but man I love this stuff so much more. It dries faster. and applys smoother. I didn’t think I could apply a flowable response to my Spyy Pistolero, but BOOM I just did. My main concern is the Pistolero gap is really narrow, about as thick as a friction sticker. It will be really fun to see how it holds up in this throw. My experience with caulk is that it holds for a long time. I’ll keep you posted.

CHECK DIS OUT!
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx2/Buddyjim/DSC00572_zpserbffk5x.jpg

Really curious to see how caulk holds up in such a shallow gap.

I know right. So far it has been good, but this is very preliminary.

What about removing it…?

Is the caulk self-leveling like RTV silicon is? Or do you have to do it manually w/ a tool?

The RTV I use isn’t self-levelling. The only self-levelling stuff I’ve used is flowable silicone used for repairing windshields.

Best tool I’ve used for RTV is a guitar pick. :slight_smile: For a shallow groove, though, you wouldn’t want to do that.

I’ve never seen self-levelling acrylic caulk. It’s primary purpose is window and door caulk which involves a lot of vertical application. If it was self-levelling it would run off. It’s actually fairly viscous/stiff.

Update. This stuff has a terrible life span. It was only good for two and a halfish serious days, and the then it was just too worn out. I got some good practice putting this in, and luckily it removes like a dream. It sticks to itself better than it does to plastic or aluminum, and it stuck in there pretty good, but the wear down was so fast. Plus the surface was too smooth, and not very frictiony. Binds felt slippy at times. Ultimately if you wanna improve you skills at putting in flowable response this stuff might be worth a shot, but I ultimately had to go buy some silicone bases caulk. So far It’s last better, and binds are smoother. I think this is the stuff I was hyping in my other thread about caulking a throw.

1 Like