about string centering bearing

same here, I play whatever comes with the yoyo, only once I had to switch between two because one was modified and waay to unresponsive for my liking, and the other was brand new and tug responsive (cosmo), just swapped, problem solved, but yes, I usually keep the stock bearing

Due to my Tactic having higher walls than my NorthStar, I put the CT bearing in ht Tactic and now I can finally do thumb grinds with crazy amounts of slack, and I don’t loose much spin from moving the yoyo opposite it’s spin on string segments. Deader than dead responsive, I love it. I can hop it to an inch away from my hand, and it would not give the slightest notion of winding around the axle. The flat bearing works great for the NorthStar, as its quieter (Plastics are generally much louder than metals with the same bearing), and the low walls alows me not to worry about it’s response either. So yes, CT is a very awesome alt. to flat, Though I would use CT mainly on something with high walls, and flat with something that has low walls.

Here’s the thing. KK and Center tracks will not magically make you a better player or give you un-found skill. Reokie, not to flame you or anything like that but I don’t think you pulled of those thumb grinds and slacks all because of the CT bearing.

I disagree, I think that what Reokie was trying to do was make a good example of where he came to his conclusion on his OPINION of the CenterTrac. Is he harming you or anyone else with his post? No. Are you? Possibly, if you wanted to make a statement like that, take it to a PM, what purpose beyond calling someone out publicly do you foresee being gained from your post in this topic?

I was able to pull off a earlobe grind after I bought a KK :smiley:

Ok, ok, to be honest, CT or KK bearings are nice but unnecessary. If you want one, get one, if you don’t, then save the $10-$15.

d4rqk0n3, I did not say he was flaming anyone, I wasn’t intending to flame him. I was just trying to say that he probably landed those tricks by his own power and that KK and CT bearings are not magical accessory that is going to make players play better.

Mr J’s post was not harmful.

Short and sweet: I switched the flat bearing in my tactic with the CT in my NorthStar. It spun longer, kept the string away from the responce, albeit being slightly louder, and kept most of the string layers near the center, again helping it sleep longer. For me, it was better than a flat bearing.