A Year of Fixed Axle - "Fixed Axle '15"

More fixed, not all fixed is the point here. We are going to the extreme, but you are all welcomed to do as you see best for you.

Hope to see some great new things come out of this very creative community.

Day 5 I think it is now…… Wow this is torture

I play fixed almost daily but the challenge will start 1/1/15 for me.

i would do this except i don’t think i could withhold myself from playing with my 2014 genesis.

I’ve really wanted to do this, but I compete in multiple divisions, and couldn’t withhold myself from practice.

Almost a week now…

Kickin’ it old school.

Though the official Fixed Axle '15 challenge wont start until January 1, it’s just a few days before I start my own fixed axle challenge, and I’m getting pretty excited. I wrote some thoughts about it here: http://jrodsfixedaxleyoyoadventure.blogspot.com/

I also made this video over the weekend to document where I’m starting from:

Great to see so many folks out there playing fixed axle, and thanks again for the supportive messages!

2 Likes

That is awesome!

Looking good and wow, I have ground to cover.

I’ll add Kendama to my 2015 for difference, but getting excited about it.

About to place an order on here to stock up on cotton #10 and the Moxon is ready to roll. May be getting a Sullivan also for a little variety and my John Higby Duncan will bring my difference full circle.

I will try to keep it to 3 yo-yos and 2 kendamas for the 12 months.

You’ve only got one hour left to play your ball bearing throws J Rod. Hope you’re getting your last few throws in!

^^I spent a few hours yoyoing with some of my favorites. I’ll miss them - some days a lot, I’m sure - but I’m stoked to be now officially on the journey. :slight_smile:

Let the games begin.

Can’t wait to get that Clean Machine in the mail to take the first baby steps of the fixed axle journey.

I expect everyone one year from now to be able to do all of this.

Good luck on the Fixed Axle '15! I barely made it though Fixed Axel Friday. :slight_smile:

And here… we… go…

1 Like

Ed Haponik’s too amazing

EDIT: Finally! Getting a No-Jive Butterfly shape in the mail! I’ve been using a classic shaped one for the longest time because I didn’t bother sending the one they sent me back, but now I’ll have both shapes.

I finally feel like I’ll have a fixed axle that will stay with me forever.

The No-Jive’s look cool. I have never handled one.

I am pretty sold on TMBR. I only have the Baldwin but I am trying to convince the Mrs to let me get a Sullivan for our 5 year anniversary. :slight_smile:

On a side note I had only ever used 100% cotton. I put a poly string on and it made everything easier! I need to order Slick 6 ASAP! String seems to make a bigger difference in fixed play then in bearing play.

1 Like

I use 50/50

I thought you shouldn’t use poly on a fixed axle

I landed a man on the trapeze and his brother slack on my Clean Machine No Jive. I was quite proud of myself.

100% poly I don’t think is good, since it can melt almost and not provide enough friction, but like I said 50/50 is good once broken in.