A Year of Fixed Axle - "Fixed Axle '15"

^ awesome.

I mentioned once before that my 2014 Eh came with a wood thread axle with a few chips in the wood thread axle. If you all get any of these, go ahead and order a spare axle. I don’t unscrew mine often, but the few times I have, these small chips have become much worse. Just figured I’d give you guys a heads up, since the yoyo has come apart mid throw on me about 5 times in the last 2 days.

I noticed the same thing and I now have a spare for just in case.

I’ve got a new one on the way and will be purchasing a spare next paycheck. Just seems like if there’s damage to it and you’re throwing hard, it’s “sayonara axle.”

I picked up a $3 duncan in the market this weekend and gave it a walnut axle transplant- so much fun; so cheap :wink:
I know I’m not the first to do this, who else has given this a go?

Hobbyman was the first I know of. I’m about to do a transplant myself. Gotta pick up another butterfly though, my 3 year old nephew ganked mine last time he was visiting. Such a little gangster, lol.

EDIT: I’ve got a Fixie I’m looking to get rid of if anyone is interested in an H-shape TMBR.

I just bought an awesome Flying camel No Jive! Also sorry 44frostedflakes I was going to buy a no jive from him but decided not to because my ignorance in paypal. Can’t wait!

Got my hands on an original Eh from the first run and I must say, it’s just as good as the 2014… wow…

These throws really make wood throws raise their game.

I’ve got a couple of those that I pick up on occasion, but I don’t possess the know-how to pull off the wood axle swap.

Well ill be joining you guys… i just bought a tom kunz lightning.

Sorry, but, I have yet to try it. The earliest I know of any one taking one apart is JayVee back in 2010.

GUYS. Get a Playmaxx Cold Fusion. You can switch out the bearing and spacers for a wood axle. It plays like a dream.

Not sure if serious…

It’s easy

Thank you, yooldman! They popped out with ease. You and Nolan inspired me. I’ve been throwing these ProFlys for nearly a month now. I can loop 10+ times with my right hand and 5 times with my left. I tried with both hands simultaneously and got 3 loops each before I had to dive for cover! ;D

I’ve been using my wood yoyos too, but after jazzing these up, it’s hard to put them down.

ah the orange is especially dope. i think my idea turned out dumb, but at least its somethin.

i cant seem to find any clear ones like higby uses, are his proyos instead?

No I like the dollar. It’s cool looking. It’s just… did you cut up a buck to do that? It increased the cost of the yoyo if you did. :wink:

Oh and yes. Higby uses Proyos. I’m going to get a couple of those too, I think. But, I can’t paint like that, so I’ll probably just use them for looping.

One last one:

1 Like

Is that a pheonix? It’s awesome regardless.

And I also liked the dollar bill, it’s quite awesome.

2 Likes

well thanks dudes, i think i forgot that money isnt really that green… it would be like if i used a picture of a glass of water on a blue yoyo hah.

i gotta say the profly is a stall machine. its nice to have a super cheap wood axle yoyo. i definitely like the idea of butterflys more than i like them, but maybe i ought to throw a dowel in one.

also wondering if anyone has put some of those big o rings in their profly. ive seen it done online but usually its accompanied by a bearing conversion.

Now that you mention it, it sort of looks like a phoenix. But, no, it’s just a picture of some fire I found online. I made it to match the purple fire on one of the other ones.

Nolan, I have seen the O-ring mod, but have never done it. At this point, I think I’ll stick with the designed response of the yoyo. My only mod for now will be those caps. I found the original designs to be less than desirable, so I’m happy with them now. And you’re right! I can really do stalls with the ProFlys. I just can’t snap it out into another one. Still working on that.

Nearly one month down, guys! I’m going looping crazy!

ah i see what you saw. i was referring to bigger orings, or weigh rings more specifically on the outside cup, kinda like the tk rd weight rings.

like this: