A long long time ago

Found this in a file cabinet with a whole bunch of ‘other stuff’.

I will be posting up a whole lotta stuff I will come across as I prepare to move to another house.

Like going back in time; sorta

22 Likes

Time to downsize is it? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Don’t think so… yet anyways? Just finding cool stuff as I take inventory.

I will tell you guys a shorter than my usual story.(ok; I guess it’s impossible for me to write short stories😳)

Back in 1989; a guy I knew in High School; approached me with house buying plan.

He was looking for another house. He found a very nice house and inquired about it. He was told that there were actually 2 houses; back to back; on the same title.

I was living in a very nice apartment at the time. But my landlady was Darth Vaders’ mother in law.

He asked me if I would be interested in going in on purchasing the property? He said he would make the larger part of the down payment. And if we ever sold the property; we would simply subtract what we initially put down and divide the remainder.

Because he put down the larger amount; logic dictated he would live in the larger house.

We made payments; divided exactly in half: house payments, Earthquake Insurance, Homeowners Insurance and property taxes.

12 months a year; without fault… never missed, never late; period.

With only several payments left to zero the principle; the guy sends me a letter and tells me; he just got married; while on vacation in Thailand. He said he wanted to sell the property ASAP. And if I didn’t want to sell; he would have his Lawyer write up a Petition to force sale.

Instead of asking nice. He came out of the gate; playing hard ball. Homie don’t play that…

When he calculated how much it would cost to dissolve our situation; he got smart and gave me a number. We bounced that around until the number sounded fair enough… And now he lives in Thailand. And I have both houses.

Ok… so that story was longer than I thought it would be.

The house is much larger but the garage is half the size; sadly. I have much more stuff than space. I may actually end up selling some stuff; just because I won’t have enough space to fit everything🤔

The good news is that my girl actually went to IKEA and was looking at illuminated display cabinets. She said that she wants me to display some of my yoyos🤓. I have never displayed yoyos in over 20 years. But now I am actually thinking that is a nice idea.

It is amazing how fast things can change. I was only that close to completely paying off a 30 year loan. And here we go again.

Instead of just letting the Insurance ‘ride’ during the buy out; the clown goes down to the Allstate office and tells our agents the Great news about his new wife and ‘moving’.

They immediately cancelled all 4 of our Insurance policies and rewrote them in my name and asked me for $4000 or the process could not proceed.(A real genius).

Anyway; I am finding some cool stuff. I found a whole yoyo bag full of New Zombie yoyos. And about a dozen Yoyojam Side Kicks. A box full of Duncan Freehand yoyo halves. About a dozen brand new Duncan Freehands. A dozen Hyper Vipers(in velvet lined boxes). Chrome Cherry Bombs. Rare Black Cherry Bombs. A bunch of 3 and 1 No Jives; including a few pairs of unbranded ones. I found a box of Duncan Wheel poly yoyo halves🤓. A box full of brand new SuperYo Renegades.(glow in the dark transition colorways🙀). I found my Original Hspin Handquakes and a Rare Black Pyro that Christopher Kayatz handed to me at Worlds in 2006.

You relive so much personal history as you view this stuff; it’s amazing… like it just happened a week ago…

I found a bunch of Glow Vipers that I got for Modding but just never did. I found some original Doc Pop Bolt yoyos.

I could actually go to the Mall and open a yoyo cart; hahaha…

Anyway; that’s enough nostalgia for the moment.

I’m building another Custom Harley. But this ‘move’ may thwart my completion timeline.

Oh well…

To be continued.

8 Likes

Wait so this is a recent event? When did this happen?

Also who goes to Thailand and randomly gets married on a whim? That’s… odd. :thinking:

Yes; in the last several months.

I was actually getting ready to put in my retirement papers. And then he throws the wrench right into the open transmission.

I told him to just hold off on moving out of the Country. Just move over there for several months to get a feel of living in a 2nd World Country. Bring your wife back to the United States. Once she gets here; she will prolly never want to leave again?

He simply said he loves the easy lifestyle over there and his wife would not do well away from her large family.

I told him, ‘If you get in trouble over there; nothing good will happen’. He said the people are very friendly. I told him, ‘I would not worry about the average people. I would worry about the Military Police telling you something dropped out of your pocket. And carting you off to the Monkey House(Notorious Thai Prison).:scream_cat:

Too late now I guess.

So now I’m just trying to make the best out of an unscheduled event.

A costly unscheduled event.

But I can still buy yoyos; so life is good🤡

5 Likes