A little help with Yoyo ID

Anyone know what brand/model this yoyo is? Thanks for your help!

4 Likes

It screams clyw to me, the hub reminds me of an ac1 but the rims are off. I’m sure someone knows more that I do but there is my 2 cents on it

5 Likes

This is why I don’t understand why YoYos don’t just have a small name engraved somewhere or a symbol like the one drop dingo, clyw manatee, etc…

6 Likes

Unspoken Apollo?

4 Likes

I think this looks really close, but the rim’s profile looks slightly softer than the Apollo and the rim’s faces look flat while the Apollo’s curve in. Also looks like there’s another “inner rim” in the throw in OP, though that could just be the pictures though.

If we got the specs (weight width diameter) that could help narrow it down/confirm if it’s an Apollo.

3 Likes

64.7 grams, diameter is 53.9 mm and width is 41.7 mm
It may have come with yellow pads.

2 Likes

Well, that rules out the Apollo, it has a 56mm diameter and 44mm width, though funny enough they do share the same weight (~65g) lol

2 Likes

My thoughts are that it’s either a CLYW or a remote possibility that it’s a maker that gave it to me in trade for a bunch of string (although I think I have all of those accounted for). Also, I have had it for maybe 10-ish years.

2 Likes

I think I solved it. Deadly Spins - Pride.

5 Likes

Awesome! Yeah these pics look a lot closer to what you posted, and I think I even see your colorway in there (first pic) though they’re all spinning pics lol

2 Likes

I think it’s the 6061 due to the finish and middle of second set photo looks right for the color. Thanks!

2 Likes

Ah good eye! Glad you got it figured out!

2 Likes

While we’re on the topic of Deadly Spins, whatever happened to them? Before I got out of throwing circa 2013 they were still around, but when I came back it seemed like they’re totally gone.

Also I literally can’t believe how much that first pic looks like an Avalanche lmao

5 Likes

I think that is why I went straight to the clyw assumption!

1 Like

same thing i thought lol until i saw the hub

3 Likes

Wow that is indeed a rarity. Did they eventually release all 7 sins? I’m guessing no. I do see a Wrath and Greed as well as the Pride…

3 Likes

Just the three as far as I can tell.

2 Likes

Can anyone help me ID this guy?

1 Like