A good Yoyo Idea - Something SIMILAR has been done before.

Now, I’m sure some of you are aware of both the YYF Offstring and the Any Happy YoYo 3X.

What did these have in common? Interchangeable rims.

What’s my point?

What if you did it the other way?

As in, interchangeable HUB areas???

I think this is interesting.

You could change the shape of your throw, but still have your rim weight, and other styles.

So, I’m going to look into this. If all goes well, I’m going to design a yoyo that has not only at least 2 hubs, but at least 2 different, interchangeable rims :slight_smile:

Thoughts? Ideas?

I like it. =)

I thought so too, because this provides:

Change in Bearing Size
Change in Shape
Change in Weight
Change in Weight Distribution
Change in Material (O.o)
Change in Blasting (Per Rim Type)
Etc…

good luck, but i REALLY think you should make a regular yoyo before jumping into yet another idea…

2 Likes

OD side effects have a similar concept, but your idea is very interesting nonetheless

lol, this, even if I decide to go through with it, probably wouldn’t even be PROTOTYPED before Dec. of 2012 :slight_smile:

I just thought of an interesting idea xD No worries, Heath. I’m keeping my thoughts on one main design, and that’s the “Oversized Dingo-Like” Yoyo :slight_smile:

whats the difference between interechangable rims and the abillity to put the pocket change on offstring rims? IMO, this is already been done, just not a wide variety and it causes vibe.

side effects are kinda like this. if you think about it though, if you are changing the whole hub, then really you are changing everything but the rim, which means that you are only changing the rim.

but i could see some rim ideas. instead of off string, you could make it like you could screw on rims that make a V shaped yoyo, or have those rims angled a little lower to make a wing shape, or angle them higher to make an H shape, or make a round one for round shape, and each will have varieing weights and or sizes and or distrabutions.

you know, because you are inexperienced at this, i would reccomend that you just pitch this idea to another company or something. yoyoing isn’t super currupt, so they will not steal much.

The 3X by AnyYo is smooth. Really smooth.

And, there was no difference. That was my point :slight_smile:

Anyway, like I said, I’m already working on the Design I posted a few days ago. This won’t even be in any CAD stage until, at least, mid '11.

I’m not even CADing this for at least 1 year :slight_smile: I plan to release at least 1 or 2 throws before I even go through with this.

True but a lot of engineering went behind getting it smooth.

Exactly why I’m going to do extensive research on this :slight_smile: