A few years ago my friend stripped and polished this n12 for me, I’ve always loved how it looks

A few years ago a friend stripped and polished this n12 for me. I think he soaked it in oven cleaner after taking it apart. I changed the bearing and response and it has been a great beater yo-yo ever since.

You can also put it in a ziplock bag with pebbles and put it in the dryer and that gives it a matte look.

8 Likes

I don’t advise that with a plastic ziplock bag and a dryer with the heat on.

Have you tried this? It seems that a ziplock bag wouldn’t hold up too well even with no heat. I think you may end up with a dryer full of pebbles. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What you do is put the yo-yo with a few pebbles in a small ziplock bag. Then you wrap that bag. in a towel or a shirt and put THAT in a larger ziplock bag.

You can throw a few extra towels in to help with the thumping. This only takes about 5-10 minutes. Keep an eye on the dryer and the yo-yo and you should be fine.

2 Likes

You shoulda said so up front. :wink:

1 Like

I was just giving a general outline of the process, not step-by-step instructions.

I would hope that most people know not to just throw a bunch of rocks and metal parts into their dryer.

1 Like

Again I want to point out that no heat should be on.

3 Likes

Don’t count on it.

2 Likes