A few noob questions.. Help?

Well, basically all the plastic yoyos and the plastic and metal yoyos have caps or the dials.

The difference between the Speeder and Speedmaker is mainly in that the Speeder has metal rims.

I’m not sure what holds the world sleeping record right now, but it was probably made to sleep for a long time but that’s with a good throw. If you just work on your throw, almost any yoyo will sleep plenty long.

Ah, I see. Thank you. Any suggestion for a fourth? On my list, I have my DarkMagic, which is being mailed now. Pocket Change, which I’m waiting impatiently for the release for. Velocity, or something with the same click-dial for easy adjusting that’s more recommended. So, need one more that’ll be different than all of those, or a different response system…

Oh, and can anyone explain response systems to me? I know some make the yoyo come up easier by tugging, and some don’t, but I don’t know all of the, the differences, and which are least responsive to most responsive, and how to actually use them, since I heard a slanted tug could do something to activate some of them…

There is a ton of response systems. If you have any Duncan yo-yos are you Friction Stickers: http://yoyoexpert.com/product/duncan/stickers/ There are pads that go around the yo-yo. The response that comes in the Dark Magic and most YYJ yo-yos is Rubber O-rings. These are probably the most long lasting response, due to the fact the are rubber. Next is Silicone. Silicone makes the yo-yo a little bit more unresponsive. You can get these:http://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyojam/silicone/index.php to fit almost any YoYoJam yo-yo such as the Dark Magic. You can get Flowable Silicone to go into any yo-yo. http://www.yoyonation.com/product.php?productid=16234&cat=257&page=1 YoYoJam Silicone O-rings are better for beginners because of basically no work. There are many more kids of pads and such but the main are Pads, O-ring, and Silicone. You will find the most variation in Pads, but only certain yo-yos can take them.

As for the yo-yo… Refer to this Buying Guide: The Official "Unofficial" YoYoExpert Buying Guide: *UPDATED* - General Yo-Yo - YoYoExpert Forums

:wink:

Thanks alot. Any yoyos come with the Sil ones? I want the most unresponsive ones out of box. -Clicks link.-

The Silicone response? Yea, a lot of yo-yos do. Most of the Higher quality metals do. A good cheap one is the YoYoJam Legacy: http://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyojam/legacy/ It uses the YoYoJam silicone. The Legacy is an Awesome yo-yo, I would reccomend it. Also, in the description it says you need to know how to Bind because this comes unresponsive. How to Bind: YoYoExpert.com - Intermediate - Bind Returns I am not sure but the Pocket Change might also…

Wow, you guys are so awesome here. I think I’m finally out of questions. This has to be the most responsive forums I’ve been on in a LONG time… Thank all of you who contributed to helping me gain knowledge, and now I’ll leave here a bit smarter.

As far as my yoyo line-up, this is what I got…

DarkMagic - Being mailed out now. (Hope I get it really soon.)
Pocket Change - Waiting for it to get online so I can buy. (If anyone knows a date and site, lemme know.)
Velocity - I like the adjust dial and that it goes from response to unresponsive with ease.
Legacy - To get a lil’ change as far as pads go, for extra non-responsiveness.

And I want one more. $50 or less, that’s ALL metal/Aluminum/anodized/etc for the feel. Long sleeps/string trick possibility. Any suggestions for my last, anyone?

OneDrop M1.

Page Not Found - One Drop YoYos

There is one for 45 that has a Anodizing flaw. Get it while you can. One of the best metal yo-yos in my opinion, and one of the cheapest.

You have the money for all of this, yes? You don’t really need to buy a ton of yoyos right away, but feel free to.

And the string that comes with the Dark Magic’s is Slick 6, also known as 50% Cotton, 50% Polyester. André has confirmed this.

Also, welcome to YoYoExpert Forums! Feel free to ask questions, as you will always get a reliable and helpful response.

1 Like

Sorry for the late response. After staying up all night, my yoyo didn’t come, so I cried a little inside and passed out, haha.

And yeah, I have enough money. It’s a bit n00bish to have asked so many questions, but actually I’m in my twenties, haha.

Moving on, thank you guys so very much, and thank you for caring enough to look into the yoyo string… Wouldn’t 100% polyester be better though? Noticed the price is slightly more when you buy in bulk from here, though the pricing is still fantastic. Just noting out the pricing difference likely being due to quality.

And other guy, thank you for your input, I’ll look into that other yoyo now. I’m just wanting a nice spread of yoyos, so I can intently get into this.

PS: I was practicing with one of my crappy yoyos which come back hard, due to being responsive, and whenever I trapeze it comes to my hand hard… Is there a way to soften that force, or what? I assume it’s because I’m using a really responsive yoyo which isn’t really good for those kind of string tricks…

Eh, sorry to double post again, but is there any other good ones for around that price, and doesn’t exceed $50. There’s quite a few yoyos on my list first, so I’m worried that’ll be sold out by the time I get it. Any backups? Ha. And I’d hope this site has a good one. With how nice everyone is here, I honestly don’t want to give my business to any other site.

Awesome. If you want to try to shim whatever yoyo you have, that can make it less responsive. You can make your own and there is a guide somewhere, but I can’t find it right now.

As for another one under $50, any metal rimmed YYJ yoyo will be great. It just depends on what size, shape, and weight you want.

Thanks, and it doesn’t really matter which it is… As long as it’s good for string tricks, and is all metal/aluminum, etc. Just to have one of those.

Oh you want a metal? Personally I would say to just stick with what you’re going to have for a while. If you do want to go ahead and get a metal, you’ll have to search the BST’s because as far as I know, there aren’t any metals that are any good (stock) for under $50 besides used ones.

Pay about $15 more and get a Dv888, Frantic, Hectic, or M1.

Ah, alright. Thanks guys. Guess I have to get that flawed M1 for 45 before they are out of stock.

And yeah, I’ll be good after I get my DM, just want to have a lil’ mini-collection, so I’ll be set and not need any other ones, unless a badass looking one comes out in the near future.

Guess it’s true that the metals are more steep than normal yoyos, but maybe I can find one for trade mint, or one on ebay, haha… I’ll look vigorously.

Please don’t swear. There are young kids that venture these forums. Thanks.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be mint, but I do agree that mint would be cool. The problem is finding one that cheap.

Hardly counts that as a cuss word in my opinion as opposed to slang, and if the kiddies know it, they’re probably cussing already, or watching things they shouldn’t be. But on that note, all the warmness fades with a dictatorship, so I’m off to yoyo until my DM gets here.

The string on the dark magic doesn’t mater just get the kind of string you like.

I think he likes that string so he wants more.