888 or DNA

I have just found out that the DNA has been discontinued and i really wanted one I was planning on getting the 888x or the G5 next. Should I save a little more and get the DNA or is it not worth it? Right now I’m playing with a DV888 and I love it. Which one should i get?

All metal yoyo is worth it…
It’s just a matter whether you like it or not…

DNA is fullsized and 888 is undersized…
Just pick which one suits you best… Or if you don’t know yet just pick which one looks better for you…
It’s the way to find your preferences…

1 Like

it depends on wether you like a big yoyo or a little yoyo, i prefer the DNA beacause i like biger throws, but its all up to you, but also factor in the fact that 888x now restock unlike past 888 models but you may not have another chance to get a DNA.

1 Like

888 ;D ;D ;D all the way

1 Like

mike has a point i have a 07 888 which i am selling/trading ;D) an 888x and dna
theyre all magnificent yoyos but get the dna first bro its gonna run out and then you will never ever get one from an online store ever again :-[ :frowning: :o :frowning: :o :(!!!

1 Like

How does a bigger yoyo like the DNA play compared to the 888x

Bigger yoyos are heavier, which will make it play slower than smaller yoyos like the 888x.

Hope this helped! :smiley:

Heavier=slower
But i would get the DNA, i have both, and the DNA is my pocket throw.

I prefer the 888x because its super smoothe and because I have small hands I prefer small yoyos. Plus the 888x looks pretty awesome!

Hope you choose a yoyo that you like!

its true that heavier yoyos play slower but the way the DNA is distributed it feels super light, almost too light lol. its very VERY fast for its size.

if u compare the stats the dna weighs even less if ya dont beleive go and look!!! :o :o :o :o :o

would 4.8 grams make a huge difference in play?

yes 4.8 grams makes a big difference in play

TRUST ME THE DNA FEELS VERY LIGHT, i even put weight rings on it some times for certain types of tricks

It depends whether you like bigger or smaller yoyo but overall I think that DNA performs a little better.

I actually thought the opposite. The DNA is lighter, but the weight distribution and the size I felt created more of a midair drag effect, making it actually feel a few grams heavier than my 888 Classic in my opinion.

To answer the question, if you can, try and get your hands on a DNA. They’re both spectacular throws, but the 888x is in continual production, and the DNA could soon become a rare delicacy in the yo-yoing community ;D, so get your hands on it if you’ve got the chance

I kind of agree with this… the DNA is definately bigger, but it plays incredibly light on the string and a bit more stable (due to the size and rim weight). The 888x is undoubtedly one of the best/smoothest 888 versions out there… and an amazing throw… The DNA is a very unique yo-yo in the premium line that may not get re-produced for quite some time (if ever again)…