888 GT Question

Is this yoyo pretty decent yoyo for unresponsive play? I really like the shape and the weight and I’d like to trade one of my wooden unresponsives for a mint one.

1 Like

Read the first 2 posts in this thread. The 888GT is the Confusion GT with hubstacks and C bearing. If you can mod one like how Exmime did in the first post, you basically have a tight gap 888GT withoup hubstacks

I’m also wanting one, but i think 60$ is too much compared to 35$ (confusion gt). Hoping to mod one sometime

1 Like

I have them both. The 888GT is heavier than the Confusion GT as it has stacks and since it has stacks you have all those other trick elements that are possible. The Confusion GT is just fun and snappy similar to an A-RT Quail. Here are some side by side comparison photos. The shapes are similar but not exactly the same with the extra cut on the rim. The weight and shape of the 888GT is awesome for unresponsive play IMO.
20190125_051801
20190125_051925
20190125_052003
20190125_052038

6 Likes

Coming from woods I think you’d enjoy it - it has an older design and isn’t as stable or as powerful as most yoyos these days. I like the finish and it feels pretty nice on the string.

5 Likes

The confusion would be solid with the classic OG organic profile but modern weight distribution.

Are you familiar with hubstacks? You probably do a lot of stop n go tags and stalls usually a wider throw would suit you but considering you’re used to that gap width you’ll do fine with it -

Keep coming around for tips - lot of knowledgeable people here. Thankful for this community.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help here, guys.

1 Like

Got 888 GT coming in the mail.

7 Likes

Just got my 888GT in the post.

It has a super premium feel on the string. And the throw… On the throw it feels really powerful and smooth too; such a good feeling! It was clearly a yoyo designed for hubstacks, as they seem to add zero vibe and are very quiet. The weigh is juat perfect for it.

I can see this one becoming a favourite of mine.

4 Likes

Or, as I like to call it, “The Confusion GT with Hubstacks™”