888 Comparisons

I know the '07 and '08 ones are the most coveted; I’ve heard some not so great things about the '09 and the newer re-releases. There are so many versions it’s hard to keep up, so I thought I’d start a thread.

I’m specifically interested in how the new ones available on YYE ('07 World Champion edition) play, but feel free to share thoughts on any of them.

1 Like

There is some discussion here: New champions 888

2 Likes

Oh, my bad. I looked but not hard enough. This can still serve as a good comparison thread to have it all in one place (how they play, the differences in design, colorways, etc).

1 Like

I agree that a general 888 thread is worthwhile, especially with the new runs.

1 Like

Even for the 07 run the weight changed a lot between the start and end of it. They had light ones, heavy ones, and highwalled versions.

3 Likes

The aluminum on my 07 that I recently traded felt nicer than my Legendary 888 for sure. In play it feels more like a classic Skyline than an old 888.

1 Like

I got 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2024 and a gt
Love them all and ben said in todays live as long as people keep buying them they will keep making them
And said working on a new version

1 Like

I heard him mention he was going to stick to the '07 design since that’s what people are asking for (doesn’t sound like they’ve done a great job if that’s the goal, though). Missed the part where they’re making a new version.

I did catch that they’re working on a new JDS-Horizon.