888 alternative

Do you have other nickel throws or just that one? I’ve never allowed nickel to oxidize like that. I always keep mine cleaned/polished with Mothers, but holy cow that is beautiful. I’m wondering if they would all do that or if it’s somehow unique to the Smooth Move.

Also, to the OP, yeah, the Ricochet. I don’t know how I forgot to mention that throw. It’s amazing. If that’s the size/feel you’re into the Ricochet is a lot of fun.

I have never polished it. It was 1 year of constant play and a lot of sweaty hands :wink: . I had a Summit, but that’s polished I believe, and I played it for 1/5 a year, about, it didn’t even oxidise. All of my friends that have a smooth move oxidised, but not that much. I think if you polish it up, it won’t return to its normal state. Like I said, no two are the same.
It reminds me of that old obsidian version of the One Drop nickels. I wish they’d bring those back

Happens to all nickel throws

Can speed up the process by applying ketchup thanks to the acidity in it. It’s how markmont made the obsidian editions.

My Code 1 isnt tarninshing, how long does it take?

Round a year to year and a half. That’s when it started for me

Rev-1 Overhaul, plays like a 888 without stacks and floatier.

I would have to say my Y-Factor plays like an upgraded more solid version of the 888. Its a little bit heavier, but depending on what version you were playing the change could be actually not much at all. Same diameter, mine is dinged but very smooth and spins for a long time.

Its my go to undersized throw that plays like my 888.

Also if you really like 888’s check out the BST. I have seen 888X’s on there for around $30, some special edition 07’s for $80-100 if you are looking for something more fancy and perfer the OG weight.