8$ Special!

Thanks for checking out my review of this yoyo. First things first, what gives me the authority to review this yoyo? I am new to the site and yoyo in general. This is a yoyo available for $7.99.

I am not an experienced yoyo player so this will not be a technical review. I can not identify (yet) the nuances that make certain yoyos perform better than others etc. So this review is based on my experience as a new player, the build quality of the yoyo, and my overall experience so far with this yoyo.

The build quality-4/5
The yoyo appears to be made well, I may not have lots of experience with yoyos but I do have experience with CNC’d items and bearings. There were no flaws on the yoyo and the machining is smooth. The threading on the axle and hubs are average, not butter smooth but not rough. The yoyo came with a concave spec C bearing. The bearing is a 10 ball bearing and works exactly as expected. It also came with another identical bearing and some strings etc making this an exceptional value at this price point. The yoyo does not seem to be unbalanced or have much vibration either. At this price point It sleeps very well and with my sloppy throw am able to get 1:30 seconds or so sleep time.

You can see here the yoyo has Auldey branded pads equipped in it. You can safely assume this is made in the same factory as Auldey and probably many other brands. The Auldey response pads work exactly as expected. I have not experienced any quality control issues with this yoyo. The finish is a nice flat/blasted finish so if you have the skill to do grind tricks this yoyo should work fine for those tricks. This yoyo feels really good in my inexperienced hands!

My experience-5/5
For this being the first unresponsive yoyo I bought, I have been blown away at the amount of value this yoyo provides for $7.99. Since I got into yoyo I have bought a few name brand yoyos and will use them when I am better. I always reach for this yoyo because it has been great to learn on. If something happened and this yoyo hit the concrete or something happened it’s only an $8 loss. I really feel as a first unresponsive, I dont know how you could have a better experience for $8. I havent put a lot of time on this yoyo yet, but I cant forsee much going wrong in the future with this yoyo and expect to use it for a long time. Thanks for checking out my review of this value packed yoyo!

5 Likes

Nah it’s all good @Buttermilk. I may have come off a little harsher than I intended. Definitely glad to have you here. (and the review is actually a pretty thorough one as far as reviews go).

2 Likes

Not that you care here are my yoyos I planned on doing more reviews etc on them. You can think whatever you want. You have no basis on your accusations. Just because someone else did what your saying doesnt mean I am. You can think whatever you want to think. @TheHelveticaScenario

2 Likes

1 Like

I dont speak Chinese or Japanese whatever that is @TheHelveticaScenario

2 Likes

3 Likes

I dont have a banana so ranch dressing will have to do. You may have to zoom in some to read your name on the paper. @TheHelveticaScenario

9 Likes

LOVE IT!!!

That is so awesome!

I went back and edited all my posts. :smiley:

5 Likes

The people who only scroll through pictures are going to be very confused with that last one.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum, dude…

5 Likes

Let him slide. He offered to delete if it wasn’t allowed. nice collection.

4 Likes

Hey man, I really appreciate that and can respect you for protecting this forum. I very much want to be part of this amazing community. Thanks!

4 Likes

I sincerely apologize if I have wronged you. I just get suspicious when in one place you claim to be a newbie and in another you claim to be experienced and own $200 yoyos.

2 Likes

Welcome. You’ll be required to change your screen name to Buttermilk now though :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s not my post on Amazon. I dont own a yoyo that cost more than 70$.

What a way to welcome a new member and accuse them of lying with zero evidence.
I try to always stay away from drama/confrontation type of posts but this one is just too much for me to ignore!

First of all, I agree it might have not been the best idea from @Buttermilk to review an amazon-only YoYo as his first topic/review on a yoyo store’s forum. But heck, when I joined this forum it took me some time and automatic moderation (I mentioned yotrick’s website in my introduction post) to realize this was YYE’s forum with some rules which are perfectly fine.

EDIT: By the time I was writing this message, both guys already realized and apologized and now the below points are outdated. Sorry!

@TheHelveticaScenario, it’s fine to be on the lookout for dishonest marketers but come on… He didn’t even picture the side with the engraving about the brand! Like, which marketer in their right mind would ever do that? That wouldn’t even make them seem more suspicious if they did.

@RABid, that’s some nice observation skill and reading your comment I was ready to believe you guys about guerrilla marketing. Until I actually looked for that picture on Amazon.
It’s not the same marble/granite/whatever.

See below:

@Buttermilk, welcome to forum and I hope you’ll stick around to prove these accusations wrong. I’ve been here for only a couple months but it’s the first time I’ve seen something like this happen.
I understand you, when I joined the forum I felt like talking about my yoyos too because of how happy I was to find a cool community.

7 Likes

At this point I dont have any reason to lie. I was ready to leave this forum permanently to be perfectly honest.

Sorry. With it being the same yoyo and pictures taken on the same type of granite counter I assumed.

4 Likes

Its done!

3 Likes

I dont hold any grudge and learned a valuable lesson with my first post here. Thanks

3 Likes