5AMay 2024 - Week 3

Huh, took me a little bit to find an example of a tutorial of a Non american version. But is this what you mean?

Looks like they include an extra pop for the yoyo to travel back to regular trapeze instead of an undermount. Worth learning in my opinion and I’ll give that a try.

5 Likes

That extra bit is def good to learn since it is used in a lot of different combos from bee sting and also sets you up for infinity bee stings.

1 Like

Random combo including a bee sting. Sorry for the video quality. Quick recording in hotel room while getting my daughter ready. BTW hello from Paris

11 Likes

Yeah, exactly! I’d refer to more modern tutorials though:

Half Bee Sting: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FePGaf7nmCY

Bee Sting : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p8dt6w4tQss

I think this should pretty clearly show the difference. What yotricks/skill addicts call a half bee sting is different from this half bee sting, and it seems like sometimes people learn only half bee sting and refer to it as simply a “bee sting.” Also shoutouts to Terry for inventing this trick! Full bee sting is such a foundational 5A trick so much of the modern style is built off.

Here is a link to the yotricks half tutorial, different from the Japanese tutorial.

4 Likes

Fudge me…that version of bee sting is a LOT more difficult. Mostly having trouble with the index finger switch. But I’ll get it. Maybe not this week though.

1 Like

My nemesis! I can’t even overstate how I suck at anything E-fan.

5 Likes

I’m in this post and I don’t like it…

Lol thats me with beesting

Stick with efans! They’re my favorite genre of tricks, Kray and I had some good advice on them in another thread for anybody who didn’t see.

Normally short string (~90cm) should be used because it makes overall control way easier, but efans are kind of an exception. If you use a longer string, it’ll slow everything down and give your hands more room to breathe. A heavier counterweight can also help slow it all down if you have one. Once you get comfortable with them going slower with longer string, then they’ll feel easy and comfortable with your normal 5A string length.

13 Likes

Here’s just my Trick Ladder entries. I need to learn the TAW and do something freeform.

13 Likes

Said I’do post them on Saturday, but it has been a chill day today so here goes nothing :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Wassup y’all here’s some tricks—an ugly soft beesting, stance switch, and a 5a beefhook (Freeform entry) that one I’m pretty stoked about :call_me_hand:. I tried butterflies and e fans for a little while but neither were clicking and then it wasn’t fun anymore so imma post these before I forget and maaaaaaybe I’ll work on the others more before the deadline idk yet…

10 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one who realizes the Monarch is amazing for 5A.

I did not show it off but I too was throwing Monarch.

1 Like

Freshly printed weight since, you know, I destroyed the last one.

6 Likes

Fun tricks this week

11 Likes

And here’s a little chopsticks thing for a freeform entry

11 Likes

Freeform entry
It doesnt feel fun anymore

10 Likes

Joshs trick slightly modified.

10 Likes

Let’s freaking go! Landed my E-fan!

I can’t even tell you how freaking hyped I am about this!

Freestyle thing will follow this weekend.

13 Likes