5a discussion

5a set up Grind machine 2 with custom clear die.
Working on perfecting my play.
I really use any large YYF yoyo but GM2 just feel better.

I use a Hitman pro with a clear sliding dice

foxlandprecsion thunder wasp yellow poly string and light up dice yeah man!!!

Letā€™s seeā€¦
I donā€™t 5A much, but I have been more lately.
Yellow YoYoJam Prelude
Blue One Drop 54 (Any SE)
Black YoYoJam Atmosphere
Green/Black Duncan Throw Monkey
Blue Duncan Light Up FHZ
Duncan Bee for Loop Style 5A
Blue YoYoJam DMII (I use a lot of blue throws for 5A)
Gun Metal AKA Bronze Duncan Raptor
I sometimes use a YYE edition One Drop Code 1
Assorted CWā€™S and string length.
Mostly Dice And Bouncy balls (red and Yellow)

As of right now mostly all plastics: freakhand silied freehand zeros paper maches and a tres leches :slight_smile: oh and duncan dice only!

They are pretty heavy. The Duncan blue bouncy balls are a nice weight though, if you can find one.

you should try the Onedrop 54 with one of these heavier SEā€™s

I like SEā€™s yoyos so you can tune them perfectly for 5A or any other style, influencing on the weight distribution. I only wish they would do a lighter base throw so with the heavier SEā€™s it would weigh about an average weight, say 66ish grams.

right now, my practice throw is a Code one with YWET SEā€™s, regular dice as slider and a much lighter clear gaming dice as fixed CW (about 6ish grams, but I have a few heavier ones I could use depending on the weight of the throw)

another one I use is a stacked DV888 with regular dice as slider and another gaming dice (about 8/9g) as the fixed CW

I also use one of these lit up FHZ and got myself 5 extra lit up CWs, Anti-yo bapezilla with Terrapin dice and a standard setup YYJ Destiny

1 Like

I have been going between the Blue, Yellow, and Red Duncan balls. I like the Yellow the bestā€¦itā€™s not too heavyā€¦makes catching the CW a lot easier for me. .the dice just move to fast for me.

Been using a YYF Severe 09 (44 Clash)ā€¦thinking about grabbing a Destiny.

I am needing to get another Superstar. It was so good for 5a when I had it

Duncan echo, red CBC pro pads. Fat kitty string Cut so the Dice is at waist.

Feels good, man.

Been working on a lot of turnstyles recently. As well as trying to figure out condors translated for 5A

Currently using a YYJ Destiny, cuz it seems to be the best for me :smiley: => who made string tensions all the time
Learning tricks of Takuma Inoue & Takeshi Matsuura and some other players from youtube. Has been feeling 5a sorta hard to do , but hopefully getting better :smiley:

Iā€™m busy eating icecream sandwiches with jam, and awaiting some food ordering from Werrd.

Yes, i either need a slightly lighter counterweight to compensate for my light Protostar or a slightly heavier yoyo. I also have a Dietz but I cant find any side effects in stock anywhere. I really want some brass spikes to add some center weight. i just use that for 1a and the proto for 5a since right now Ive only dropped the proto twice while doing 5a but I donā€™t wanna take that chance with the Dietz.

Also, are you using regular length string or shorter? I always have used YYE 100% poly string which is just slightly too long for my 1a preference, so Iā€™ve been using that same length for 5a. It seems like shorter would have more control at first but be harder for efans and such.

You also canā€™t forget that the dice get lighter by color too. Yellow is heaviest, then Blue, then Red. Same with bouncy balls. I hate both the red, love both blue, yellow dice are my favorite but hate the bouncy ball. I still use clear dice though, which are heavier than all the dice.

1 Like

Astro jax are super heavy. They are really fun though, since mine light up

orange siliconed freehand zero no caps green poly string and a spintop button is all i need! btw im working on this cool efan protrusion that josh yee invented

False. Iā€™ve weighed my dice and theyā€™re pretty random. My lightest dice is actually one of my yellows.

All of my yellow are heavier than my blue and red and all of my blue are heavier than my red

well maybe thatā€™s how it worked out for you, but all of mine are pretty random. All duncan dice from freehand zeros, just different colors, all almost the same weight, they just vary by a couple .x of a gram

Until I get the time to shop custom dice and drill holes in them and test them out, Iā€™m just gonna try sanding down the edges and corners of my red Duncan die to take a tiny bit of weight off. Anyone know how the dice that come with the freakhand weigh in?

All same practically. Clear are the only oneā€™s I can really tell a difference in