5a discussion

long strings make it easier when I’m fishing for new tricks and practicing
shorter strings make it easier to perform known tricks

in general I like it slightly longer because of the extra torque for throws/binds and that extra sleep time you can get.

ideal length for me is stock G string

Astrojax are way too heavy for me, it’s actually much heavier than my heaviest double dice setup, I’ve tried both, the standard and the aqua

Today’s Setup: Echo, centertrac, fat kitty string, yellow dice.

Heaven

todays setup: protostar yellow dice normal kitty string :smiley:

Today, Genesis with yyj counterweight i love these things.

Gotta bump this. Cmon people throw those dice!

I suck at 5a. I keep hitting myself in the head with hard CW’s.

You should use a bouncy ball. Id trade a yellow one for a duncan dice if you want.

Alo, has anybody used a C3 Di Base or Yeah3 for 5A(I know they are different sizes)? Im really tempted to buy one for 5A since they arent extremely expensive and seem really nice except for tight bearing seats

I was using my Di Base the other day. Ill probably use it more today. Also I found a good sized bouncy ball and I drilled a hole in that so thats what I’ve been using.

Lately I’ve been loving the Echo with Takeshi die. So much fun. I just learned Sutter Copter and trying to get Sawchucks

I was actually trying to find this topic the other day, I’m starting to get really into 5a. I picked up a 2009 severe on the bst and it’s awesome for 5A :smiley:

It took me almost an hour to find this thread. But worth it. Totally worth it.

Whats everyone throwing for 5A right now? I have a Northstar with a YYF spin top button on fat kitty string, and an asteroid with a yellow bouncy ball but I rarely use it. How about the rest of you?

Square wheels royale with trans red Duncan dice

I used to use this:
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j330/sirnaq_MN42/IMAG0099.jpg
But I just sold my avalanche so now I use this:
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j330/sirnaq_MN42/IMAG0143.jpg

Di Base with bouncy ball
I attempted to recess my FH2 the other day, (pretty horrible but im hoping it will work :P) now I just need some silcone…

I hate 5A

1 Like

That’s awesome! How much do those weigh?

I’m not really sure because I don’t have a gram scale. They feel a little lighter if not the same weight as my silver duncan head.

Been chucking a Metal Zero and it’s actually amazing considering its an A-sized yoyo

whats wrong with a-sized bearing yoyos?

Currently using a recessed FHZ with a Duncan dice. I like the A sized bearing for 5A