5a decisions...

so, i left my metal drifter at my grandmas when i went, and i left the counterweight at my house. i just found my counterweight today, and wanted to try some more 5a. but all that was there at my house was my grind machine, protostar, and my dv888. knowing i would drop the yoyo alot, i didnt choose the dv888, and my grind machine… is retired; long story short. so i used my protostar, and i think it was a good choice. so is a protostar good for 5a based on yalls opinion?
?

The protostar has a nice weight for 5a. I liked using mine for 5a when I had it.

1 Like

what is you guys’ favorite 5a throw? and would a hubstacked yoyo work good for 5a?

Let’s see, 5A = Freehand, thus maybe the Duncan FH series, FH FH2, FHZ???

And to add to that, is very comfortable and natural to hold when thrown 5A.

Yyf severe is what I use and c3 dark sonic is my must have 5a yoyo

Also hubstacks + 5a = so much fun

Yyj classic is great… Specially if you are learning and then just add a regular C bearing and You are set 4 life.

I even use it for 4a lol

I use. A stackless GM because its practically indestructible when I use it.

PGM w/ a dice. Perfect Wieght and shape for 5a.

YYJ lyn fury or speed maker

PGM all the way, you might crack your Protostar.

I have used my PGM to learn all the 5a I know.

The PGM is more durable.

Or buy a onestar since it has the same shape as the protostar but made of celclon(inject mold delrin) and only 14$ if you want to order

But a protostar is good for 5a since it more natrual to hold and low walled

Hes not buying just asking if everyone here thinks the Protostar is a good 5a since he only has that and the PGM he can do 5a with.

I think you should use the PGM cause you might crack your Protostar.

Not really, the Speed Maker is a 1a throw designed to be fast enough for “Micky” to use.

If you want to know a few of the best 5a?

Any Free hand yoyo.
The YYJ Atmosphere
The YYJ Vigilante
The YYJ kick side
The YYJ DM2
Just about any Bi Metal YYJ

C3 Alpha Crash

I personally prefer the protostar over the pgm, but could just be me.

I know everyone likes a protostar better, but the PGM is more durable. I have seen Cracked Protostars with CW’s attached.

Why are there two topics by the same person basically on the same thing?

Well they merged them I’m assuming. I do want to get into 5A just need to get CW’s and too lazy to make a wasp nest because I use my string for a string ball