4A Leg Orbit Challenge

I’ve been seeing how many offstring leg orbits I can do in one throw. At first I could only get 83, but then I got 118 and after that 227. Anybody wanna try to break that? What is your personal record?

I’ve never tried it before but I gave it one throw and got 47 on my Go Big before spinning out. Probably could have thrown a lot harder. But I don’t think I have the motivation to approach any of your records!

All I have to do this on is an OG Fiesta.

Nope. ;D

I bet you can’t get 47 on your Fiesta.

Mmmm

I got one that will top them all! Try 250 (subtract 249 off of it lol) with my YYJ GoBig, until I sent it flying off into the fence.

That’s pretty impressive I might have to try.

Only!? I honestly don’t even think getting 83 was possible without the yoyo spinning out, let alone 227.

My Go Big doesn’t have any response. And its at home. And I live on college now. And I have a YYJ Classic on me. Without response either because I have been too busy these past few days to go to AutoZone and get flowable silicone.

I tried it with my Classic just now and got to 15 before I sent it smacking onto the desk in our dorm almost hitting my roommate’s coffee mug which is next to our laser printer. Good thing he was out eating dinner. I’m never doing that again.

Oh, wow, I just realized I never told you guys my trick.
Just now I got 668 and here’s how: You need a really bad bearing.

Do a forward throw but land in a normal 4a mount; the orbits will continually regenerate the spin like a diabolo. At first I was using a cheapo fixed axle when I got 227; that actually required skill to keep balanced and on the string. Then I was playing with a normal offstring that had an awful bearing; it worked just like the fixed axle, but it’s way wider and more stable, so it was more of an endurance test. I missed the 669th because I was thinking about something else.

If your curious, 83 is the most I’ve gotten without cheating.

Sounds like a new fixed axle challenge!

For full appreciation by all those involved, I can not stress enough how important it is for practical jokes and trick questions to be resolved and answered respectively in less than 2.5 months. ;D

Haha, yeah, I guess so. I made the first post right before nationals, and I sorta forgot about it. ;D

Ah yes, I forgot that I’m now talking to the national champ! I already gushed elsewhere on YYE, but again, WELL DONE SIR.

I’m pretty good at stealth bragging while apologizing.

1 Like

You must have been really bored.
“Hey! Ill just go and do 668 leg orbits!”

1 Like

My brother did 731 with a diabolo if that counts. It is pretty hard considering how heavy it is.

which kind of bearing?

I won’t take this sitting down; it’s on! >:( >:( >:(

But yes, it’s probably pretty hard with the diabolo. When you get this high, it’s no longer about aim, but rather mental and physical fortitude.

How about 5? Do I win? :wink: