4️⃣🅰️ Everyday — (former 4️⃣🅰️ Offtober 2023)

my updates since last post, nearly a week into the grind

5 Likes

Let’s go! You’re making some massive strides, thank you for sharing your journey! I was trying to get the behind the back orbits earlier this week and could never quite land it :sweat_smile: any tips that have worked for you on that one?

2 Likes

Which part? The first part i just practiced the whip without the yoyo lol, and for getting it over was just figuring out that i needed to absolutely launch it, but not too much, and making sure i got the string lined up straight.

Helps that i already got leg orbits and arm orbits in the trick lexicon (not like consistent or anything but i can do em)

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve got the whip part, it’s mainly the launching it and actually catching it part :sweat_smile:. I’ve been trying to do a full send but lining it up with the string is proving to be pretty difficult based on the angle. Usually with leg/arm orbits I have decent enough vision to see the gap of the yoyo and the string to be consistent but, with how big of a launch this needs, it’s a lot harder to get that visibility. I’ll see if I can find a way to get better visibility, or get the yoyo to launch more in line with the string and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestions!

*Edit: Just tried it after those suggestions and landed it first try after not landing it once for almost an hour the last time I tried this :joy:. Thank you! I’ll see if I can get a quick clip of it.

3 Likes
5 Likes

It looked like getting outside where you weren’t as afraid to put more behind it helped you to get a good feel for putting more into it. In your last video you were looking more confident. :wink::+1:

2 Likes

Man!! Those whips!! You are a showman for sure!!

1 Like

yea i been tryna get better at throwing it without launching it 50 feet in the air too, but originally i was just outside to try and land fingerspin ahahahah

(i got it on the finger with the wrong throw :frowning: )

1 Like

here have a fun blooper from today, i was tryna orbit under both legs

4 Likes

Gotta love 4A bloopers! I’ve had so many, and I usually delete them, but thought I’d keep one since it just caught me off guard so much. Its the second video after the actual combo and I dropped the yoyo, and after it hit the floor it somehow caught the string just right and came right back to my hand and I was just dumbfounded for a minute there lol

Actual combo

Blooper

3 Likes

Behind the back recapture to 1 handed rejection whip

4 Likes

New leg element thanks to a previous vid in this thread! Shout-out to @eap314 for the inspiration!

3 Likes

Those leg recaptures were clean! I loved the 180s, but I have to say that for your first 180 the yoyo still went out instead of straight up. That’s why your yoyo is rolling the opposite direction after you turn.

2 Likes

Thanks man! Your video of the leg orbit combos helped a lot because I could show it down and see right where to release and recapture!

Great point! I’m still trying to get more consistent with that. Sometimes I’m able to get it to go straight up but other times it’s like in this video. I think the issue is partially due to the timing of when I pop it up. I think I’m popping it up too late in the orbit and so it’s already got momentum going to the side. I think if I get the timing better it’ll be easier to control. What do you think?

2 Likes

I am far from an expert but the idea of timing seems the most logical. If you look back at your own videos here and pay attention to your own progress you’ll notice that as your tricks tighten up you can see consistency in where your release is. That’s pretty much all timing. I love the constructive criticism as well as your dignity in receiving it favorably. Now…I’d like to see some cartwheels and somersaults involved here…and it needs more cowbell !!!

2 Likes

From Soloham, I can tell you that timing is extremely important, but so is hand movement. It takes a while to get used to pulling your hand outwards rather than up, but that should help, as the yoyo always move perpendicular to the string (ie, when you pull your hands apart the yoyo goes straight up, and when orbiting, if you pull up, the yoyo goes sideways).

1 Like

New bendy update on Offstring progress:

6 Likes

Super nice. I feel like I would destroy a few yo-yos before getting good at whipping it out of the air like that. :rofl:

thinking about hard grinding soloham and like, recording and tracking the progress by day in almost a mini vlog way

4 Likes

It’s good like that. Because your progress shows in the videos and this shows people just starting out that with time, practice, and good advice they can do it too. Thanks for taking the time to chronicle your journey. I feel certain that there are many out there right now who have been watching, learning, and practicing but aren’t confident enough to post video yet. In time I believe this thread will have more people posting their own videos. Then you’ll see how worth it your efforts are. Thanks again.

4 Likes