3YO3 Al5: Coming Soon!!!

But, what I’m saying is that it would be nice for the people who do have the parts.

Like titanium said, it would be nice putting the yoyo together for the first time.

A wholesale bearing and string would take off $% max. I’d rather just get a whole yoyo.

What if we had a soda blast, a normal c bearing, a normal poly string, a normal axle, and maybe an extra pair of response. The yoyo should come in pieces and you have to put it together. It should come in a a little cardboard box with 3yo3 and ai5 written on the top of the box In sharpie. I don’t know if a soda blast is more than just a bead blast. So if it is just go with a bead blast.

Edit: why didn’t I put punctuation? I know I really should have.

I think Dr. Awesome’s idea is going in the right direction. Package it minimally, and if it saves at least 5 dollars, no bearing or string. Some sort of blast of clear ano would be pretty cool also. Make it packaged like Hspin’s yoyos, with all parts not assembled. I think this should be an option, along with the traditional anodizations, and goodies.

Or be cool like Hspin, and put them in a pair of legit socks… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So Landon what do you think

Any release date? I’m between this and the Victory.

Hey everyone!! Sorry I haven’t posted in a few days… I’ve been super busy with work and buying a house lol.

I think everyone has some GREAT ideas!! I appreciate all the input!

As for the non-assembled, missing bearing and string yoyo, I won’t be able to do that seeing as some people don’t have spare parts. Bearing and strings don’t add much to the overall cost anyway, so it wouldn’t make a significant price difference.

I really like the idea of clear ano. Simple and similar to the Ti5 :slight_smile:

I’m also looking at another option for some really sweet splash ano-- something totally new to 3YO3!

As for production updates-- I’m expecting the proto tomorrow!!! I’ll make sure to post up some pics for you guys! I hope you’re as excited as I am about this!!

Since you’re shooting for a holiday release time frame, how about some holiday splash colorways?
Dark green with a darker green acid wash and red splash for Christmas.
Light blue with a gold splash for Hanukkah.
Black with a really prominent red and green acid wash and a yellow splash for Kwanza.
And lastly, clear anno with a multi color neon speckle and splash for Festivus haha.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/12768_10152223288565291_11524066_n.jpg

Pictures from the side please? ;D

Thanks for responding.

Nice, looks sick…Is that A soda blast, or a Bead? Hard to tell for me.

Soda blast, If I am correct, it is really course looking

I think it might be tumbled.

Landon said Tumbled…Really nice tumbling it has, I must say.

Who else is getting excited??? I hope to get some feedback from you guys! What do you think??

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/521813_10152235619925291_218163866_n.jpg

Any idea of release dates?

Maybe you could hold a colorway contest/giveaway. ::slight_smile:

Is that a pyramatte finish? Is it tumbled? Either way, looks amazing.

In his manufacturer’s thread he said it was a tumble.

Dat Tumble

1 Like