2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

Starting to get the hang of flips with my sets on each hand. Sometimes they don’t flip and loop really quick and hard, so just gotta work on the flick. Making progress! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Walked three blocks to my car… alternating inside outside loops on my R the whole way. I was impressed that i didn’t get hit by a car and that i actually looped the whole way. When i get to work ill see how many blocks i can walk with my left. Good form of social distancing

Edit… My left needs a lot of work.

4 Likes

Is there anyone else who feels as if looping feels “easier” on they’re non-dominant?
Compared to my right, my left is more consistent - especially when two handed looping

5 Likes

I wish i could even begin to understand that… my left and right are so far apart, I’m amazed they are controlled by the same brain. Left lacks coordination completely, right it’s a smooth operator. I will say my learning curve is faster in my left but that’s cause muscle memory transfers right to left to some degree if you practice regularly.
Keep up the lefty work!

4 Likes

It really is just putting the time in, it’s a nice break from 1A for me since summer humidity equates to lots of string burn in my experience

But I will say, finger tape goes a loooong way

4 Likes

I get what you’re saying. Non-dominant (left for me) is mostly muscle memory, at least in my experience. Sometimes I overthink things with my right hand, but my left hand will just do it’s thing and stays pretty consistent.

7 Likes

2A petting Tuesday zoo

5 Likes

I have notice this myself. In my experience I learned non-dominant later with an understanding of technique and focus. My dominant right hand has a few bad habits and my mind has complacency for my right hand bias.

So I didn’t make it a full week on my Duncan White Bulk Poly and they just felt dead by Saturday and I should have changed them after a couple of days, that being said, they didn’t break. Today I’m playing some Red Kitty Slims at 75mm on the Hornets. So far this set up is feeling fresh and I’ve already played a few reps and sets this morning.

5 Likes

I usually just use normal kitty (on 720s). Can’t beat the price per string and they seem to last pretty well for looping.

4 Likes

I find that the Duncan White’s don’t gave a very long life. They go flat so quick, but they are great when paired with the right throw.

1 Like

About to string up these Duncan Pro-Z’s.

probably do the the same strings I was just being critical of:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

I having used these in a long time. They have zero response to them. Time for some maintenance.:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Duncan bulk string was pretty mediocre from my initial experiences. A bit too thin, pretty bad at slack, and lost tension too quickly for my 1A throws. Tried them out in my Loop 720s with red spacers and they’re great with that set-up. They’re okay with Hornets, but maybe I just need to remove the washer to tighten the gap a bit like my 720s.

3 Likes

I wish those Pro-Zs had a slightly narrower gap when in the standard/looping form. The response is still a bit unpredictable with a well-lubed bearing and double-wrapped loop. I’ll have to try tinkering with mine again to see if it can be improved. Fun to mess around with though!

3 Likes

Walking to the subway for the first time in 3 months.

5 Likes

2A I’m still playing Hornets and I put on some fresh red Kitty Slims yesterday, learning the feel of when rebound and response are worn out of the strings. Been trying these Figure 8 loops from a tutorial that Shu Takada dropped this weekend. A lot of prerequisites to pull this one off. Look how tight Shu keeps his Shoot the Moons, he is definitely a G.O.A.T in the yoyo world

4 Likes

How do you like those Hornets? How would you compare them to, say, Loop 720s?

3 Likes

I’ve been really digging the Hornets these last few weeks and they are motivating me to play 2A more during the week as I feel like I’m progressing. They play just a tad slower than the 720s but the shape is more square and its easier for me to keep them straight. I also like how the cap doesn’t protrude out of the shell as much of the 720s. These are also a newer set I pickup during the National YoYo Day sale, so alot of it could be the fresh starburst.

3 Likes

Never to young to start 2y/o 2A

9 Likes

Just got some new 720s and blue spacers in. Time to assemble my Sprite loopers!

5 Likes