2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

Yeah the non dominant hand is where the real 2A work is at. The syncopation is where you have to free your mind and let muscle memory take over. I like to have bright colors as it helps me keep track of where they are spatially when flying around. Did a lot of Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde combos today and working on vertical loops

3 Likes

Doing some endurance reps 2A, with 250 consecutive inside-outside loops. Starting to loose count and might just switch to timed intervals. Really feeling the burn in the forearms making 2A a workout.

5 Likes

That’s awesome! I’ve been working forever on jus trying to get 3 or 4 from my left hand. I’m right-handed. I think I’m doing myself harm by not saying with one yoyo to practice with.

2 Likes

Time to work on lefty loops

Edit…i managed 3 consecutive decent looking loops, after about an hour, arm is sore. Far from 250 but maybe next tuesday😉

7 Likes

It has definitely taken the last couple of years. What helped me the most was just playing consistently with my non-dominant hand which is my left hand. I have a couple yoyo which I consider my left handed yoyos, these are geared for beginner play, a first gen Butterfly XT and a YYF Play Series Black Cat. I started out with the Butterfly XT trying to walk around the block just doing Planet Hops, as it’s an infinite neutral string tension trick. This definitely helped build initial strength, had a Raider then got the Black Cat, then I would just do left handed loop and do around the Worlds and worked on basics as I did that walk around the block. I still go back to the XT and keep it in a coat pocket. Even today as I play with my 720 2A loopers; I’m doing alternating left-right forward passes, break-aways and dueling Around the Worlds to loosen up.

4 Likes

I am going to write a review of the Yoyofactory Go. I just received it late yesterday and had a chance to play it today for a total of about an hour or two on and off. It is what I was looking for. Read my post on the Yomega Fireball. It is an inexpensive non-bearing plastic looping yoyo. I can play it without worry of damaging my wooden if I bang it on something. It is currently produced so I don’t need to worry about it being discontinued, and not being able to find a new one or replacement parts.

It loops beautifully!

I have already increased my number of left-hand loops to about 6 or 8 lefthanded. (I’m right-handed)

5 Likes

2A on this Tuesday I’m not counting loops and alternating to control tension. Today I’m just trying to feel for the tension and doing long time intervals between stops. Outside, Inside, Fence Hops, UFOs, Sidwiders, Around the Worlds, Planet Hops, Shoot the Moons and mixing random left right combinations to get different Jekyll and Hyde dualing series. Also reminding myself about having fun with it and not getting hung up on being technical.

3 Likes

Enjoying some outside time at my old high school.
Me and Julio out on the School Yard :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Not Tuesday but got some free time. Working on injections… took a break and grabbed my 720 and just did some alternating in/ outside loops right hand for 4 min… a birdy told me if you loop in/out the string stays neutral. That was awesome. Now my forearm is sore😆

2 Likes

Did a little 2A workout myself, enjoying the burn of the grind.

2 Likes

I figured you knew you where the bird i was talking about. There alternating loops are amazing. I even got it going on my left hand but not 4 consecutive minutes. Looking forward to Tuesday🙂

3 Likes

2A I am playing some fresh Duncan Hornets I picked up from the National Yoyo Day Sale. Out of the package the Hornets played a little slower than my 720s. However I laced these up today with some white Fist Salud Loop String Lite. These strings are made by Kiity and are thinner than Kitty Regulars and have a nice rebound in the tension to help speed up the Hornets. I’m really having a good session with these, though it might just be the fresh starbursts and strings.

9 Likes

I’ll join in on 2A Tuesday too. Have not seriously practiced my loops in a long time and been meaning to learn 2A since forever.

Threw some of my bearing loopers around and it was…scary. Better go back to basics with good ol’ wood and working on those flips!

4 Likes

@unklesteve true 2A showmanship

2 Likes

I’ve been so hyped on my Hornets, that I’ve been playing a little 2A everyday this week. I even broke a string yesterday. I took a look at the wear on the other string to compared it with a new Fist Salud Loop String Lite and some new Duncan White Bulk Poly. I only have one more pair of Fist Salud so I going to use some bulk this week. The Duncan Bulk isn’t wound at tight at the FSLSL, but it’s only $0.10 a string compared to $1.85 a string. I also saw this on the Instagram from @junkout2020 inspiring me to play more 2A on the go.

FSLSL used top , new and Duncan Bulk

5 Likes

Are your logos black?

Mine are the same but blue.

What’s left of them at least…

4 Likes

Yeah mine are black, these are some fresh ones. Hoping to make them looked loved and used like yours through play someday.

1 Like

Practicing with a brand new Loop 720. For some reason this came with green spacers; I thought “Japanese Edition” 720s came with red spacers…

6 Likes

Yeah the Translucent Red with Classic Translucent Red caps use to be the USA edition

1 Like

My bumblebee inspired half swapped 720s that I just got in the mail :star_struck:

9 Likes