2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

Another Late 2A day, been playing alot of OD Deep State 0A/responsive 1A today. But I’m back on the Yomega Raiders, starting to really appreciate the extra spin time on Around the Worlds and Sleeper tricks. My current set up isn’t the snappiest compared to 720s , but I’m really feeling them and they are helping me on keeping my speed up on my flicks.

4 Likes

Aren’t Raiders infamous for needing to be modified? Is that for 2A?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I have YYF red spacers in them, to tighten up the gap. You need to tighten them up just to the breaking point. That’s why this pair is a mismatch set, I broke one of my red ones tightening with other spacers. They play super smooth thought and have a great feel.

2 Likes

Its still tuesday in May… first time i hit 2 shoot the moons in a row… and on video.

I realized i have 2 720s both with red spacers. Does anyone use the blue or green? Do u combine?

4 Likes

Ive always wanted to try out 720s.

I got 900s and i dont have a clue as to what setting to use lol

1 Like

I’ve noticed my 2A is helping my 5A by focusing on having multiple simultaneous actions at once. On this Tuesday I’m also finally cleaning these orange and green 720s and lacing up fresh strings. this is what these YYE polys look like with 10,000 plus loops compared to new.

3 Likes

I use Blue and Red spacers mixed in my 720s.

2 Likes

What string do u use for looping? Right now im just using monkeyvines regular.

1 Like

I use and like regular Vines. The best value is YYE bulk poly for sure. I also like regular yellow Kitty. I also have some of the white Kitty Loop String as well. Don’t get me wrong Kitty and Vines are great strings, especially for 1A, but I haven’t noticed any extra performance in looping at my current skill level, the best value string that I have has been using is the YYE bulk poly and its 1/2 the cost of all the others.

3 Likes

I had 3 720s all with red spacers. So i bought some blue spacers and a blue 720, . To my surprise the blue 720 has 2 GREEN spacers. Threw my whole plan for a loop.
I can make 1. 720 Red x2, green x2, blue x2, and a blue red. The addict in me feels the need to purchase another 2 720s to make the green red and blue red combos… but 2 handed? :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

Edit…2 green spacers feels like a non responsive yoyo in comparison to 2 red. WOW!..i think i’l just go with 2 green/ red spacer and 2 blue/ red spacers for now.

5 Likes

Jut play already man. Geez

1 Like

2A Tuesday Raiders

4 Likes

Got sets of 10 loops consistently with my right, 2 or 3 loops on my left. Both are a tremendous improvement. Blue/ red spacer in my 720s seems to be ideal for now. Good tuesday.

5 Likes

Such bag of mixed feelings when it comes to bearing looping yoyos.
My first was the Custom Axlerator. This was an absolutely perfect looping yoyo. I lost it somehow, don’t even know how. I might replace it some day if I feel the need.
Playmaxx turbo bumblebee can be very good if those cork break pads are in just the right condition. If they are not, well they are not.
Tom Kuhn Silver Bullet is a love hate relationship for me.Set it up with a narrow gap and 2 turbo disks, broken in just right and yes very nice yoyo.
As you can see this is my point with bearings and response systems. Many factors to consider and fidget with.
Wood is reliable without all this fidgeting.
It works the same every time.
There is a romance in the sound of a looping wooden yoyo. There is that warm feel of wood that is just not comparable to any other material.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Love the showmanship (showomanship?) !!!

1 Like

Mime time, so awesome that is the best 2A video performance ever. Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Search Jennifer Baybrook. In my opinion she is the queen of 2 hand looping.

5 Likes

Its 5A May, but I’m still getting in some loops on this 2A Tuesday. 720s after been cleaned a couple weeks back. Accidentally put one of my Evan caps on the alcohol rag when cleaning and the graphics rubbed off.

5 Likes

I landed hundreds of loops on my right, sets of 10 and 20s… slowly getting there on my left. Working in shoot the moon and waterfalls too. 720 with bluered spacers!

Might get a pair of green 720s i like the way those look.

2 Likes