2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

It’s been a minute since I posted here.

I’ve done a lot less 2A since FAF. One of the last times I played, these Loop Ups flew apart, and I’m pretty sure I put them back together incorrectly. Today I got them straightened out and playing awesome!

9 Likes

But you do have the safety nets up…?

2 Likes

This is the 2nd to last contest routine I will film. Just wanted to finish filming what I could do while I still had some fumes in the tank. The last one will truly be my favorite work of art to leave a legacy for future 2a players and after that I will truly retire from competition in peace.

12 Likes

Thank you for sharing that. It was a truly astonishing display of the sort of synthesis that can happen between man and machine over a lifetime of devoted practice. To watch someone wield anything with such precision and flair at the same time will always be the pinnacle of entertaining in my eyes. That was a truly magnificent performance. Thank you again and if this isn’t even your favorite work of art yet…I can’t even imagine what your legacy will be.

3 Likes

I’ve been using the new YYF Loop 720, however, today I feel like doing some maintenance on the old model and give them some play time.

13 Likes

Those string response 720 are so neat.

Took these out today as the feel the most consistent at the moment and I don’t feel like doing maintenance at the moment.

11 Likes

Finally picked a pair of loopers up at 10:20PM. I’m very out of practice, especially my off-hand. Gotta get back on the horse…

9 Likes

These hornets loaded with the metal spacers are the most consistent loopers I’ve played with yet

13 Likes

Throwing the new Hornets and also put the delrin spacers in the old Hornets. Definitely a different feeling response wise. I think I like it.

11 Likes

Yeah I’ll need to get some spacers I should have ordered some too

1 Like

These Hornets are smooth. The thrower, not so much.

9 Likes

Today I decided to try the orange Loop 2020 with this old Kitty String. :heart_eyes_cat:

10 Likes

It appears as though your kitty approves!! :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

Caught the bug
Started with ghz and now moved up to 720s
Need to work more on my off hand but im landing 1 to 2 reps of forward loops / hop the fence

9 Likes

Those orange and blue half swap look
Amazing

2 Likes

Dang I pulled these out and the one in front is completely stripped. Not sure I can fix these like I have with others

Anyone know where I can find a replacement I’ll be sad to loose the cool half swap but I don’t think I have a choice on that…

8 Likes

what is that around the edges of the bearings

You mean the yoyo string response system? Coolest loopers I don’t have.

1 Like

It’s like the inverse of a starburst response

They used to call it S.O.S. ( String On String ) response system. It allows any configuration using different string thickness.

Here’s a close up. You can see it still has a starburst.

10 Likes