2A Discussion Thread

lolol accidentally gave you a thank you.
900s are awesome for those who are starting out. But maybe…you may wanna wait it out for a bit until YYF releases the Loop1080? I’ve heard lots of good things about it. Yup :]

I understand these easily, which part you didn’t get?

Basically everything. Like he’s saying the the ‘top is spinning away’ or something…all these things that confuse me quite a lot D:

The only way is to “do” and keep “do’ing”.

I found getting help in 2A was one of the best things ever. Of course, the help coming from a National Champion sure doesn’t hurt either!

Of all the styles, I feel 2A is best to have a good fundamental base to start from. 1A spawned 3A(from 2A inspiration), 5A and 4A, although 4A came a bit more from diabolo. Becuase 2A is just so dramatically different than the other styles and is harder in my opinion, just having a good base to start from is key.

I’m just now starting to get hop the fence really good. Inside loops I’m starting to nail 5 consistently, 10 once in a while. Outside loops are a bit hit and miss right now. I’ve been screwing around with this since I started in May of 2011, but hasn’t been really focused on as it has been since August 2012. The progress is very slow for me, but that’s normal for me anyways…

Find more 2A tutorial videos. It will help.

Maybe I already figured out the sweet/sour concepts Shawn was saying, Chris. I just figured it out on my own and it’s something I can’t put in words, so what Shawn was saying was a bit foreign.

I read it again and it starts to make sense…it’s basically stuff I already know/figured out.

Since my focus is on my right hand only, My inside loops are pretty consistent that I don’t even have to think about it and I’m in the process of working on my outside loops. I’m improving faster than I can imagine and thisis awesome :smiley:

What’s the difference between 720’s and 900’s?

I don’t believe the Loop 720s had an adjustable gap. Loop 900s have a small hole on the outside (I believe allen wrench sized?), which allows for the gap to be changed for your preferences :wink: 900s are the current model that YYF produces and there’s been talk of the Loop 1080 coming out.

Also, I think a key to learning 2A involves finding your string length. I’ve done really short, full length, and mid just to try stuff out.

Many.

Both use ball bearings and are the same general shape. I am positive the bearings and weights are different.

The Loop720’s stand-out feature is the string response. It uses an old(or new) yoyo string for a response. I think it may be adjustable gap but via twisting, like the Unleashed. The Loop900’s adjustable gap is mechanical, so you get consistency when you take the yoyo apart. I forget what the Loop900’s response is though, not sure if it’s starburst or some sort of ring/silicone response. I don’t have a pair yet, so I can’t say because I don’t remember.

There were issues with the Loop900’s coming apart and even the axle areas breaking, but that’s been taken care of, or so I’ve been informed by reputable sources that I have no reason to doubt.

I am planning a pair of Loop900’s and 1080’s for future purchases. Good to have variety there.

Fireballs and Raiders are supposed to be good too? I’d be interested in trying Fireballs seeing that they are mad heavy compared to the Unleashed I’ve been using.

I have been looping with my cascade…

You could just take the knot out.

meh.

Yay! iv been waiting for a 2a thread.
Anyways does anyone know when the loop 1080’s are coming out, and if you have a picture of it. thank you :slight_smile:

I think they are lighter than the unleashed.

720 has size A bearing while 900 has raider sized bearing, just like Chris said 720 used string as the response, but it has no adjustable gap (I used to own one). 900 in the other hand is basically (almost) exactly the same with a modded raider/fireball with adjustable key, but they plays way different.

loop1080, with Shu’s signature pants graphic:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/486672_10151047280461091_1722309608_n.jpg

Very nice looking ;D The Unleashed are 54.5 grams and Fireballs are 69.3 grams? Unless there’s a typo or I’m missing something

I got a pair of 900s! YAY

!مبارک

?

Congratulations!

On google it said that it was some ruler in Egypt…