2020 String Fling!

If you guys do this again, count me in!

1 Like

We were quite blessed! Let’s keep positive for the upcoming re-installment. I’d love to keep that level of community involvement.

1 Like

Checking in for the first time in…months.
C-19 has turned my life upside down…as I’m sure it has for many others.

Did these items ever get shipped out to participants?
I scanned through the thread but could not find confirmation of this happening.

Can anyone fill me in here?
I love details…if you have them.

Much thanks.

/p

6 Likes

Not yet received here in Texas. Really unsure if they made it out.

Hoping that @Avvatar is OK and still gonna come through.

2 Likes

Nothing. Many mentions they were going to get shipped while YYE Garrett and I both offered to handle shipping them out to everyone if there was any help needed.

2 Likes

If @Avvatar doesn’t ship and everyone decides to do it again, I’m probs gonna dip out.

3 Likes

Hi everyone sorry been dealing with a move I gusseing no one got there string paks Wich has kinda drove me away from this site in general , was hopeing @Avvatar would at least respond not sure if at the moment I have the space or time to do this again maybe down the road but just wanted to thank everyone for the effort they put in :sunglasses: good show

3 Likes

We’re gonna rise from this!!!

Great job StringMakersGuild, another effort will be pursued soon.
Everyone stay safe and be strong!

4 Likes

Nothing. Strange for @Avvatar to keep 100’s of strings that are literally a $12 Medium Priority box away from @YoYoExpertGarrett getting them out to everyone who put their best efforts into some strings for this community string experiment.

1 Like

And I used the last of a mystery spool of poly I really liked for these… Oh well. I’m pretty busy at the moment, but I would be happy to help organize a 2021 String Fling for those interested. Let’s revisit this in January/February. And maybe @Avvatar will get struck by the holiday spirit and come through in the end. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Same… I tracked down the last spools I could find of the discontinued Japanese Pixelles Signature string for some of mine. $50 for two spools. Maybe? Tis the season!

1 Like

@Avvatar - Do you still have the strings? I’m sure everyone would still be more than happy to receive them and see all their hard work be enjoyed!

Not to…

but inquiring minds want to know.

3 Likes

He hasn’t been active on the forums since August. I think it’s fair to say we can just start a new one at this point (for those who still want to participate).

I don’t really have time to organize it, but I am happy to be the middle man and accept deliveries/ship out packages to people.

Who would want to take the time to coordinate a 2021 String Fling? We should still keep it relatively small (thinking 20 or less people) so it doesn’t get too hard to keep track of.

4 Likes

Looks like the associate was not so trusted??? They never got shipped???

Just read through this thread. What a saga!

4 Likes

Oh well. Not sure how interested I would be to make another 114 strings? Sure don’t want to discourage anyone else though, but I can’t lie, this is pretty low.

At this point he basically stole 100’s of strings from the participants and some pro string makers who have a business doing strings. It was cool the pros wanted to encourage us all and participate by donating a lot of their own strings, but we all got took instead. Wow.

3 Likes

Lower than low.

Karma will ripen eventually. I feel sorry for him.

3 Likes

this whole thing has been disappointing[

4 Likes

I just read this thread… That would be so epic if in the end everything had worked out. The idea was super nice.

I can’t even imagine what you, who have been on the forums for many years, have already witnessed.

4 Likes

this is pure trauma

2 Likes