2019 YYE Awards

I see posts like “favourite Bi-Metal”, “New Year resolutions” popping up and I thought it would be cool to have like our very own YYE 2019 Awards!

Some awards for yoyos, some awards for individuals.

Yoyos :

• Favourite mono-metal of 2019
  • Favourite bi-metal of 2019
  • Favourite plastic of 2019
  • Favourite 0A/responsive of 2019
  • Favourite Titanium of 2019

Industry :

• Favourite yoyo store of 2019 (For the purpose of this forum there is only 1 correct answer :joy:)
  • Favourite yoyo company of 2019
  • Favourite industry person of 2019 (Be it a manufacturer, store keeper, influencer etc)
  • Favourite string company of 2019

People :

• Favourite Forum Member and why (can be multiples, I will give examples using my answer)
  • Favourite yoyo competitor
  • Most inspirational yoyo related person in general
  • Super Rookie of 2019 (Most improved player)
  • Favourite person to watch for videos

these are all the categories I can think of, let me know if you have good categories to add.

16 Likes

I was thinking this same thing awhile back! Lots of places do this for video games; we should def get a convo going for throws! I’ll have to ruminate a bit before getting back to you on my faves of 2019 tho lol.

5 Likes
  • Favourite mono-metal of 2019
    SF Cadence ES

• Favourite bi-metal of 2019
    G2 Banshee SS & SF Motive

• Favourite plastic of 2019
    YoyoFriends Dove

• Favourite 0A/responsive of 2019
    ThrowRevolution Neo

• Favourite Titanium of 2019
    Ti-Vayder

• Favourite yoyo store of 2019
    YoyoExpert
    Joke aside, YYE has been nothing short of a home for me the past couple of months.
    Not only is your store awesome, thank you for giving all of us a home here in the forums to hang out.
    And also my recent dealing with @AndreBoulay has been nothing short of dripping in service like Steve Jobs wishes apple had.

• Favourite yoyo company of 2019
    SF

• Favourite industry person of 2019 (Be it a manufacturer, storekeeper, influencer etc)
    @MarkD and his MK1 (I realised I should have added a reason, not only has he been super supportive of me when I started and has been there for me here and in the chats all the time, I love how he doesn’t sponsor big names, he sponsor prodigious kids brimming in potential to help nurture their talents and bring their dreams to life, this is what I love about @MarkD)

• Favourite string company of 2019
    YYSL (@MattB) and Airetics

• Favourite Forum Member and why
    Twitch77 for being my support, my coach, my motivation to keep learning and for just being all round awesome and badass
    @Doohan for act of kindness
    @zslane, @nonja121, @Rosenberg, @smileypants707, @feryuweryu, @YoYoExpertGarrett actually there are a lot more but sorry too many to mention, special thanks to all for helping me through our the months with all my purchasing decisions.

Hit my limit of mentions, so continued in the next reply.

10 Likes

This would be cool to make as a yearly tradition!

I don’t think it’d be too difficult to keep track of either. Like we can have people leave their individual responses in a dedicated thread with a deadline. Then once the deadline hits, we can count up all the replies to determine the results.

4 Likes

I have also thought about doing this more officially. I’m game to make a thing out of it and promote it. :blush:

16 Likes
  • Favourite yoyo competitor
    Elliot Ding, Nathan Dailey, Gemma Planell
  • Most inspirational yoyo related person in general
    @Durfee his dedication and his bounce back from chemo to carry on yoyoing for me was inspiration
    @jojopro for being my mentor this year
  • Super Rookie of 2019 (Most improved player)
    @PCaliyoyos and @Legs09, wow just wow you two.
  • Favourite person to watch for videos
    @EOS44 I love your videos!!!
9 Likes

Hi @AndreBoulay, if you are going to do a more official one, I will delete this thread and wait. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Actually - let’s leave this thread for a bit and see if anyone has any other clever categories they would like to see, etc. Can keep the conversation going a bit - I think this is a great start and appreciate you starting it! :star::star::star::star::star:

7 Likes

Sounds great!
Sorry guys, I haven’t got a lot of fun categories, maybe some of those would be fun to suggest.
Like the least improved? :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I forgive you for this.

4 Likes

Also forgot to mention @chaosgow, love him and all he does for the industry and all his cool collabs

3 Likes

Oh crap thanks man! I think you have been learning incredibly fast too. Keep it up!

1 Like

i’m honored

5 Likes

I think it was an obvious choice. You earned it!

3 Likes

thanks dude you improved a ton too over the past few months

4 Likes

Thanks buddy, appreciate it :slight_smile:

And @twitch77, no I am not taking a catergory suggestion of “Best colourway of 2019”.
I don’t want to upset you with the results :slight_smile:

1 Like

…I do have a question on the ‘favorites yos of 2019’. Do they need to be throws that were released in 2019? Or can they just be our personal favorites we’ve used this year?

4 Likes

I mean…
Why would you?
That’d be silly really.

We ALL know the only answer to such a silly category is green.

5 Likes

I think best new trick is a worthwhile category.

4 Likes

Awwwwww
@twitch77 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like