2016 Mystery Box - YoYoFactory x YoYoExpert

Im right there with you. The Boss is really good. I wasnt going to buy one because i have the DV888. But i think its better. So smooth on the string and the finish feels amazing. Very happy with these new throws. The DayDream has been wonderful also.

1 Like

I end up with something that I would never have tried otherwise.
So true!!!

Not sure about anyone else but did anyone’s Popstar come in slightly dinged? Mine came with small slight dents that appear to have been on the yoyo prior to being painted.

-bbdave-

My pop star came with a stripped axle! I loved it until I unscrewed it once! I suppose I could have caused it, but I’ve never stripped an axle before and it felt like it was cross threaded when I unscrewed it.

For me it was extremely hard to twist apart but no damage to the axle

-bbdave-

Cool yoyo though. Great finger spins!

Sorry to hear your Popstar stripped. We are usually able to fix this pretty easily, send us an email or call and we can help you out.

This comment confused me a bit, is it stripped or are you still able to use it? Either way, contact us and we can help.

Thanks,
Garrett

That doesn’t sound good. Can you email a picture of the dents/marks?

Yes just sent it thank you!

-bbdave-

I am really enjoying the Popstar.

It has IMO however, one of the ugliest ano jobs I have ever seen. That along with marks like to one in this pic, make me wonder if they are actually B-Grades.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x274/EightPlus/Skilltoys/20161206_164505.jpg

It plays really nice, so I don’t care. I just was left with that impression.

It is not a b-grade.
b-grade YYF have not graphic but only the logo “B-grade” laser engraved.
It is only ugly.

1 Like

Thanks, although my B-Grade Flea has the normal markings, and no B-Grade indication.

my, no …
I can not tell you…

Thanks. Yeah, probably just really ugly.

Super wide or Monster? Or something else?

Just my quick opinion: I like defects in ano’s. Makes them look more unique.

I may look into getting one of those pop stars, they look pretty awesome! :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure that’s a superwide from looking at pics on the wiki. That other one looks interesting… its like a reverse bi metal with the heavier metal on the inside.

Monster John Chow edition… and as for the avantgarde, after a few years, I still have not understood the reason for which is a b-grade …
the color of the splash or their white edges are the same in a-grade and vibe = 0
bho … ???

[quote=“YoYoExpert Garrett,post:67,topic:82458”]
Sorry to hear your Popstar stripped. We are usually able to fix this pretty easily, send us an email or call and we can help you out.
This comment confused me a bit, is it stripped or are you still able to use it? Either way, contact us and we can help

Garrett,
It is unplayable. Both the axle and the yoyo are stripped. Maybe it was dumb of me, but I threw it away. Thank you for enquiring about this. I don’t want yye to do anything for me. If anything, I owe you guys something for the hours I’ve spent enjoying the tutorials and reading posts on this forum. Thanks for everything!

this is impossible, how can stripped a steel axle ?! Only with a pair of pliers and a very clumsy action!
the most likely hypothesis is that the axis has been ruined (or it has been used a ruined axle, I don’t know) and screwing on the shell has stripped this.

Not sure. I have around 40 yoyos and have never had it happen. Axle and yoyo have stripped threads, and a new axle won’t thread onto the yoyo. I only took it apart once, but will be the first to say that I could have done something wrong somehow. Not here to argue the impossibility of the matter…I’ll buy another Popstar.