2016 Mystery Box - YoYoFactory x YoYoExpert

Personally I think this years mystery box was as rad as last. But I do enjoy everything that came with it.
The Boss and is super and a great pocket throw.
The Plastic Daydream is super fun.
I love the Popstar it’s a huge change from all my regular sized throws and it’s good for practice.
The bag is perfect for when I travel.
The only thing I haven’t tried yet is the Flight, but my goal will be to actually throw and catch it one day!

Not too long ago, $55 would have been a great price just for the Popstar! It’s still the only one I’ve tried.

I was debating on not trying the Boss, as I have so many undersized throws, and thought maybe I’d sell it as new. With the good things I’m hearing about it, it sounds like I just need to try it.

The difficult thing about 4a, is all the winding and chasing! Really best to go outside, especially at first. I think that’s why tops aren’t as popular as well. I’ll get around to it.

My Daydream has part of one pad popped out of the groove. I tried pushing it back in, but it popped back out. Once I figure out what I did with my pads, I’ll give it a try.

My son has started yoyoing a bit, I might give the case to him.

I like the idea of spending time with each yoyo on it’s own for a while anyway. It makes the novelty last longer!

The same thing was with my daydream. I just took that sides pad out lol and it plays fine.

That’s funny you said that. I recently was playing my old Hitman, and noticed it didn’t have any response at all! It played a little funky, but I barely noticed a difference/still got tight binds.

Thanks, I’ll try that.

You guys might just want to try flowable silicon you get get that in any big name store, auto store, or even here at YYE. Granted you have to wait a bit for it to dry but it’s nice to learn how to do something new. Anytime my pads wear out I just use flowable silicon to replace them. As far as the daydream I haven’t had that issue

-bbdave-

I know I can buy some at the hardware store, but I already have some of the Monkey Snot. Problem is it came without the plunger! YYE is supposed to help me out.

That sucks I actually was thinking about purchasing some to try out. Have you tried it before is it any good?

-bbdave-

Speaking of, i actually siliconed my mystery box popstar lastnight. And was going to also do my DayDream but when i took a pad off one of the halfs, there are 3 holes on the bottom of the groove. Maybe injection holes? Im not sure. I stuck a tooth pick in each one to see how deep they were and it seems like it got pretty close to the cap. Could u still silicone that? Even tho it would seep into the hole and mostlikely spread onto the inside of the half?

It’s the same thing as a replay pro I siliconed it either way, you could pop off the side covers and place tape underneath so it doesn’t run through but I did it without and it worked fine

-bbdave-

I took the pad out, and reseated it. Seems like it might stay now. It’s weird, though. It seems like it’s slightly oversized, and that was causing it to buckle. Maybe the string being wrapped in it will train it to stay.

Anyway it’s a fun yoyo. Seems very chill to me. Reminds a lot of the old YYJ Big Ben. Kinda like a modern version. Mine is so loud, though! Won’t be using this one at night! Not unless I want to get yelled at… :smiley:

Did you lube the bearing at all? Silicone pads tend to absorb any moisture, if you get excess lube or anything on them they will get a little larger and buckle in the response groove.

Awesome thanks for the tip!

No, it came out of the box that way, or at least when I got around to wanting to try it, it was already popped out on one side.

Anyway, lately I either don’t use any lube, or I use the Terrapin Dry (stuff is awesome!) on any unresponsive yoyo.

Thanks, though! It seems to be staying in fine now…

Yeah, probably just didn’t get pushed in enough when it was assembled. Glad it’s working!

YYE, is AWESOME!!! Received my replacement plunger today. :slight_smile: I admit, I was skeptical, but they came through.