2015 Worlds Mod Contest Pictures

I am aware the results of this year’s mod contest have been posted, however, I never found any names or pictures.

Did anyone snap any pics? Thanks!

sub’d

I was suuuper bummed when I didn’t see pics or videos of the mod contest. It’s most definitely one of the best parts of the contest.

So I missed this completely. Is it a modded yoyo contest?

It’s basically a contest show off who can mod yoyos in the coolest/best way.

1 Like

In some cases, new throws were created. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe all of S.Kon’s work was made from scratch.

Try contacting Hironori Mii. Since he was the Primary Organizer and Overseer of the Events, if anybody knows if there are any stillshots and/or video, he would…

Possibly kyo. He is a Top level Modder and has been paying attention to the annual event since its inception.

I will email Hiro just to get the ball rolling…

Here is a pic of the 3 winners… And Shinobu on the far right. I have no idea what they modded/made to win? We will find out soon enough.

PS… Let’s go back in time to see what it use to be like in the early Contest Modding years.

http://public.fotki.com/YoEric/2002_world_yo-yo/maurice_chavez_dr-1.html#media

This is a Bionic Duncan Freehand. Machined to press fit to the Polished Henrys’ Viper hubs. And then cut for press/click fit Delrin rims. Yup, lol… Those were the days.

2 Likes

I’ll try to track down pictures… oddly I didn’t take any myself for some reason, but I’m sure Rob or Taka did.

Thanks kyo

1 Like

Thanks kyo! I look forward to it. Is Shinobu a judge?

Would like to see them as well.

Information about mod rules and who the judges were, etc…

1 Like

Thanks for that!  Shame you and him don’t mod too much anymore…