2014 Mystery Box *SPOILER ALERT* - Official Discussion Thread

He’s assuming there will be at least 2 yoyos in there with 2 spec bearings

Oh. I see

For this year I better pull out the 6-core Dual GPU Mac Pro with 64gb of ram, and chrome autofill :wink:

I noticed that if you buy a $50 one, then you get at least $100 worth of stuff. If you don’t win the grand prize, do you still have the change to get more than that $100? Because, it almost doesn’t sound worth it.

just saw yeah i lost my hype real fast i don’t have that kind of money i was hoping to snag two one for me and one for a friend… it’s not happening this year.

Did I miss an info drop? What do we know?

How is getting $100 worth of stuff for $50 not worth it?

2 Likes

http://yoyoexpert.com/blog/2014-mystery-box-release-information/

Debating on trying to get one of the premium boxes. Trying to figure if they’re going with models from last year, don’t want a bunch of stuff I already have. But that’s why its a “mystery” box, it’s a gamble, but you can’t say it’s not worth the money :wink:

1 Like

I have a strong feeling that the $50 boxes are going to have 2013 supernovas in them, which I already have.

I don’t know if I want to risk getting duplicates

Not sure about you guys, but I’m going for the $50 box. If I get yoyos I already have/don’t like, I’ll probably just sell them for cheap to someone else and get my $50 back hopefully.

That’s true, hadn’t thought of that. That’s a good worse case plan, I think you just pushed me over to try to get one now ;D

You would still be taking a gamble though considering the demand might not be as big if enough are released and people start selling them off :stuck_out_tongue:

True… But even the world’s box ended up worth the money. The Cypher alone is worth $40-45 in the BST.

I’m not too familiar with the yoyo trade, were they fairly easy to sell after being released in the worlds pack?

I haven’t kept track of it really, so I can’t speak to how many have traded hands… I just know that’s what they’ve been appraised at. Also, the Cypher is pretty great, so I can see a bunch of people holding on to their anyways; I know mine is staying with me.

It is? Don’t tell that to the one I have had listed for days at $25 (that was listed for weeks before that by the person I bought it from).

That said, the mystery boxes are near locks to be a good deal. A bit skeptical of the $200 ones…will depend on how many yoyos are included and the definition of “unique”.

Yeah, I didn’t say any actually sold at that much, just that’s what people appraised then at in the appraisal thread. So thanks for the insight. That being said, if I didn’t have the Cypher already, $40 is a good deal, and $25 is a steal to me.

And yeah, I’m heavily considering trying to snag one of the premium boxes. Every box is still a great deal, just not sure I want to drop $200. Very tempting though… Guess I’ll have to see if I can even snag one depending on how few there are and how quickly people are trying to buy them…

If I have time I may drop the cash on a fifty dollar box. Just for a chance at the grand prize.

ima try my best to get a standard box,the holidays are so brutal on my pocket which is doo doo,cuz i would LOVE a collectors package…X_X but the standard will have to suffice