1961 Big D

Forgot my Aunt gave me this at the last family gathering a year. Just found it again in a box. Figured someone might enjoy seeing it too. I love that they “Sealed Bubble Blister” what a different time!

24 Likes

I love how the trick names are so different. Dog walker? Orbit the world? Fast break? I thought the waterfall one was called Punching Bags!! :joy: Man things have changed!

5 Likes

Some plz explain the SPINNER-OO to me

5 Likes

It looks like it is just gravity pull or the sleeper, just a different name

3 Likes

You either get it or you don’t :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Gravity pull makes sense. But why is it number 8 on the list? Does that mean it is an advanced trick? :wink:

2 Likes

I believe that Waterfalls is actually “Over the Falls” and Spinner-OO might be Pinwheels

2 Likes

But only one hand is involved :woman_shrugging:

I guess so, it’s harder than 3 leaf clover apparently :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I don’t do much looping, but maybe it’s one of those front-style throws where you pull the yo back up and then loop it back down after it passes over your throw hand? Kinda like what we might now call a regen?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s nearly impossible to tell what they intended. I was just thinking of tricks from the old-skool compulsory trick lists, and that’s the only thing I could think it would be.

I’m also assuming Creep-a-long to be “Creeper” which might actually be a better name for it these days.

2 Likes

Awe sweet! I’ve never seen another Dells on here I don’t think. My grandfather had the Trickster. I say had because he passed it on to me. :blush:

14 Likes

What a piece of yoyo history!!!

1 Like

Awesome!

Just a wild guess, but probably made in Japan or elsewhere in Asia at the time, and a lot of that is literal translation related. As late as the mid to late 70’s items made in Asia had some really off the wall instructions in the box. Some still do. Some were a real hoot to read. (It’s reality, no disrespect or offense intended.)

2 Likes

Man, I love it!

1 Like

Your aunt is very cool!

1 Like

The Spinner-OO is done by holding your arms out parallel to the ground. The yoyo is just there for an effect. It can or cannot be spinning. Really, it can just kinda hang there doing nothing but dangling like a lifeless snake.

The Spinner-OO is all about the arms. The Spinner-OO is what some people call a “finishing move.” One can even say “TA-DA!!!” When performing the Spinner-OO. It is quite versatile.

2 Likes

The Sleeper King also has the same diagrams on the back of the plastic bag packaging

4 Likes

Neet!

1 Like