10ball or centering in a One Drop? Poll

• I use the 10 ball.
  • I switch out the 10 ball for a centering bearing.

0 voters

When you buy a new One Drop as a player do you switch out the 10 ball for a centering bearing?

This poll is for yoyos that are players, not duplicates that are kept as collectibles.

8 Likes

If I’m buying a bearing I don’t get OD but I have no issue with them in the yoyos that come with one.

I think a lot of people are fooling themselves if they think there is a huge performance difference.

I actually even kind of like the fact that they are noisy. I think my friends are more impressed with tricks when they can hear just how fast it is spinning.

2 Likes

I don’t either. I’m interested if people swap them out or leave them in when they buy.

I don’t own a one drop but if the flat was quiet its staying in

1 Like

Any yoyo that I expect to spend a lot of time throwing–which pretty much means any One Drop I buy–is going to get a Boss Rage bearing put in it. However, sometimes a yoyo comes with a KK of some kind and I will often leave that in and save my Rages for future One Drops.

2 Likes

One Drops are the only high end yoyos that I even consider using flats with.

I do play them with flats sometimes it also kind of depends on the throw but usually I swap them out

5 Likes

It depends. I like a centering bearing better in most of the ones I’ve tried, but not all of them.

4 Likes

Yeah, it just depends really. I always give the flats an honest amount of playtime first to determine whether I’ll keep it or swap it.

4 Likes

I use whatever bearing cane stock in the yoyo 99% of the time.

5 Likes

Only Onedrop I swapped out the flat bearing was the Vanguard, I really like how it plays with a string centering bearing.

2 Likes

I keep flats on. There has been only one time i’ve considered to switch to a centering bearing is with the Dang 2, but just because that yoyo plays so damn fast and stable it can benefit to have a centering bearing to boost it’s performance to the max.

4 Likes

I usually leave the flat in there, those one drop bearings are just so smooth. I have a few where I changed to a centering bearing, the v-two and eclipse come to mind. I didn’t buy any new yoyo’s between ~2003 and last december, so I had only played flat bearings.

When I broke down and started buying new yoyo’s last year, I discovered centering bearings are a thing now. Yeah, they make a difference and I like them, but I’m just fine with flats.

4 Likes

For some reason i just like the 10 balls. The ones i have seem to be smooth glass and quiet to boot

1 Like

So far it’s about two to one in favor of keeping the flat 10 ball in. I’m honestly surprised. I thought the number of switch outs would have been at least half and probably more. Props to you @da5id and @The_Machinist. You know your customer base. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. This is what we have been trying to say. Bearing choice is personal preference and our experience is that it’s about 50/50 so that changing to a different bearing wouldn’t solve the problem that about half of our customers are getting a stock bearing they don’t prefer.

4 Likes

10 ball flat for life

4 Likes

Presently, I’ve got a Cabal, Deep State, and Kuntosh. Original 10-balls in all three and they work perfectly.

4 Likes

Honestly I was kind of expecting this result. If there’s any company’s yoyos to use flats with, its OD. And people who are indifferent or don’t feel that strongly about it will just keep the flat in as well

A better question to ask is who swaps out the centering bearing in another companies yoyo for a flat :thinking: especially companies that have a strong focus on competition designs like UNPRLD or YYR

I definitely don’t think flat swaps would be more common and the ratio would very likely be greater than 2 to 1

Great point, I’d agree with you on that one.

I don’t swap out any bearings ever personally. Whatever it’s comin with is what I’m rockin with

So i’m guessing a different poll would go like this:

Play the stock bearing 60%
Always use Flat 20%
Always use Nudging 20%

3 Likes