10 character minimum

Test

2 Likes

I still think it should be lowered to 2 :thinking:

2 Likes

Yepp

1 Like

I think there are two topics on the number of characters that could be combined because there are characters in each thread bouncing back and forth between character threads. Come on characters!

2 Likes

Ahem, what?

I think that YOU, Mr. Storytime, probably would have been fine with a 100 character minimum :joy:

5 Likes

Be happy with 2. Probably wonā€™t go any lower than it is.

Thank you guys for making the change! Even the minor changes are greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

4?

Just asked a question in two. I could ask a question in one. like

?
lol 2, 4, 6, does it really matter especially when most emojis are at least 6 characters long?

1 Like

Ā 

I agree. :slight_smile:

It depends how you insert them!

• If you use the emoji keyboard on your device (or press Win + . in Windows 10) it can be one character

• If you type ASCII smileys :) it is two or three characters

• If you type :slightly_smiling_face: itā€™sā€¦ a lot.

Try typing emoji in the password field (anywhere, really) and see what happens.

1 Like

emoji

Hmmā€¦ nothing happens lol.

2 Likes

Interesting, never use my window button, have a gaming board and turn off that button. Learned something about emojis today. :wink:

I just canā€™t get excited about minimal characters. Sometimes fewer is more, and sometimes more is whatā€™s needed. I donā€™t know that you can force discussion. Closest you might come is to intentionally make emotionally charged threads to get people to react emotionally rather than discuss honestly and thoughtfully. I donā€™t think anyone wants that.

Oh well, whatever works, works. Iā€™ll post as I like as always. :skier:

4 Likes

And your posts are :ok_hand: :clap:

I use my Window key for only two things:

• Win + E brings up a file explorer window.
  • Win + Spacebar toggles between ENG US and ENG INTL keyboard layouts.

I know thereā€™s a lot more one can do with the Windows modifier, but Iā€™ve just never bothered to learn them. Nevertheless, Iā€™d be kinda lost without the two key-chords listed above.

2 Likes

Well said

Iā€™ve found that most of the timeā€“not all of the time, just most of the timeā€“a topic with lots of really short messages is a cry for a live chat interface.

1 Like

Yes, and ā€œdevolve into chatā€ is an ugly thing when it happens. Super not fun to read, and also not any kind of a meaningful discussion, just rambling back and forth on randomness.

(To be clear I do not think the 4 char rule will cause this to happen here, not at all. But removing character minumums altogether would hugely increase that risk.)