10 Ball Bearing Issue

Hi Guys,

I just recently bought a new 10 ball bearing and thought I’d put it in my Dv888. Usually bearings (the stock and yyj bearings) just go on it and lock. Afterwards when I screw the yo-yo in, it reaches the end and locks with no trouble.

I popped the OD 10 Ball bearing in my Dv888 and tried to screw it in but for some reason, the yo-yo won’t screw in all the way. It won’t “lock” like it used to, just had room to keep screwing even if it looks like it’s screwed in all the way.

I feel like the my Dv888 is rejecting the 10 ball. What’s the issue. I know it’s hard to describe in words but I hope you understand the issue.

My Legacy takes the 10 ball just fine.

yyf has tight bearing seats. nothing to worry about

Tight to the point where the yo-yo is barely playable with said bearing on it? Should I just get used to it or keep the SPEC in the Dv888 and the 10 Ball in the Legacy?

I had the same issue with my dv888. It seems like some yyf bearing seats fit a lil tighter than other yyf throws… What i had to do was press the bearing on with my thumbs as tight as it would go then screw the halves together til it gets tight, then keep screwing really slow and firm until the bearing is pressed the rest of the way onto the seat. The halves of the yo act like a vice pushing the bearing onto the seat. I think that the tiny layer of anodizing on the seat makes it extra tight sometimes. even tho its just the tiniest layer. what i’ve done now on most of my YYF throws is really carefully sand the ano off of the bearing seats. Its makes it way easier to take bearings on and off, and it doesnt hurt it in any way.
Hope this helps!

1 Like

My Legacy takes the 10 ball just fine.
[/quote]
I had the same issue with my dv888. It seems like some yyf bearing seats fit a lil tighter than other yyf throws… What i had to do was press the bearing on with my thumbs as tight as it would go then screw the halves together til it gets tight, then keep screwing really slow and firm until the bearing is pressed the rest of the way onto the seat. The halves of the yo act like a vice pushing the bearing onto the seat. I think that the tiny layer of anodizing on the seat makes it extra tight sometimes. even tho its just the tiniest layer. what i’ve done now on most of my YYF throws is really carefully sand the ano off of the bearing seats. Its makes it way easier to take bearings on and off, and it doesnt hurt it in any way.
Hope this helps!
[/quote]
I have two 888’s one is raw, no ano, the other is blue.
The same bearing will go on and off the raw one with just my fingers.
Not so with the blue one.

I tried and I got it!

Good deal man, glad you figured it out! I hate having problems like that.

I have this same problem with my protege but now it responsive

Try cleaning the bearing. And just go with the solution as said above.