lathing/modding a yoyo

hello, i am in autoshop and have been checking out the lathe there, and was wondering if i could either lathe a mini yoyo, or possibly put my kickside on and lathe it a little smaller to get rid of dents and stuff???

or if none of this is plasable, ima go with this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FogXHjkE5FU

Are those tomatoe sauce lids for end caps?

yup, its AWSOME TOMATO KATSUP LIDS
:o :o :o :o :o :o ::slight_smile:

yeah thats pretty kool how do you add weight to it though? and what is he using for an axle?

a bolt
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You could turn down your kickside but its a dangerous deal and your teacher would probably do it for you. Also if he doesn’t get things right then your kickside will be trash.

mighty fleas are smaller but awesome

yay, i learned how to use a lathe, and my friend has a chunk of alluminum i can use :slight_smile:

is there a tut for that mini yoyo? cause its pretty awesome

just wanted to tel uy this isnt my yoyo in the youtube clip
but i am making one, which i may put up a video on hwo it plays and stuff
i just need to finish up a bottle of shrip cocktail sauce untl i can make it

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

yes please, i would love a vid. and could you also make a short tut about how you did it? or at least the order of steps? thankyou

Unless you have a lathe to do that with, please don’t ask. A tut won’t really help anybody and be a waste of time because the people that already have a lathe know how to do it.

i don’t think that the one in the vid was done on a lathe but if it was then you are right and it was a waste of time.

nope, his want done on a lathe, just a drill…i want to start, but i dont have any bearings laying around :frowning:

THE VIDEO IS NOT MINE, THIS WAS JUST A YOUTUBE LINK@!!!
I WILL MAKE A TUTORIAL ONC I GET SUPPLIES