DIE-NASTY!

Well I said I wanted to do a video review shot film for a good hour and even some play stuff and in my hunt for a decent file converter I deleted all my videos by mistake and my mom had already cleaned the memory card on her camera… :frowning:

So heres another written review by me!

Alright the Die-Nasty by Yoyofactory…

Here are some specs for ya.

YYF DIE-NASTY Stats:
Weight (g) 65.00
Width (mm) 40.58
Diameter (mm) 55.78
Gap Width (mm) 3.75

Bearing Size: .250x.500x.187 Center Trac Bearing

Response: CBC Pads C stanard
-Right from the side of the box baby-

Alright… So I unboxed this bad boy and first noticed the packaging… Its the stanard YYF box but revamped Unkle Steve style… Its pretty neat… His picture and signiture is all over it… And on the back is like a Steve Brown yoyo card with all his player info.

Name: Steve Brown
Profession: YoYo Pro
Greatest Achievment: Creating the 5A style
YoYo of Choice: Die-Nasty

So I ripped it open and pulled it out and just pulling the yoyo off the cardboard had the bearing spinning… I think I squealed a little…

About the bearing… They have it set up with spacers like a F.A.S.T. 201 or a FreeHand…And it is grooved like a KK…

I put on the string that it came with and wound it up… Just holding it, it feels kinda hollow… Like there should be more to a yoyo this size…The rounded shaped with the minor H feels good in the hand… Its got a neat texture… Im not sure if its bead-blasted (Never used a bead blasted yoyo so I wouldn’t know) but it feels like the plastic on the New Breed…

I gave it a throw and it felt kinda awkward on the string… Like it thunked around and didn’t want to work with me… It lumbered around and died fast… I got upset and put it down thinking perfect waste of 17 smackers…

Later that night I decided to give it a second chance… It felt the same so I started to play a little harder… Mayber its like a puppy… You have to show it who’s boss… So I kept going and it started to play soooo smooth… I dont know if it was me or the yoyo but it was bliss… The gap is nice and the response doesn’t snag… I was doing rolls in layers of string and it laughed at me! So I pushed it hard and it kept going! Spin times got better and the tricks went longer… This reminded me of another plastic I own thats pretty high end… cough Legacy cough

Some thoughts over all…

Alright well the new bearing is nice… It plays just as well as the spec but its pretty loud… So it looses some points with me.

With string tricks its nice, real smooth and flowing with decent spins…

Grinds are iffy… The H-Shape and texture of this yoyo fly across your skin quickly but if you force it to grind in place they slow it down FAST!

The binds are very nice and tight… I picks up well spinning fast or slow and takes binds tightly with less snags… I like that…

Looks on this bad boy are great… The dice are cool, the red is… red… The White caps are a nice accent, Kind of like a set of white walls on a '57 Corvette. Though Steve Brown’s name isn’t on it and thats kind of a bummer… It would be cool if it said like “Unkle Steve Aproved” or had his cool yoyo and counterweight signature on it…

I tryed some 5A with it and… Its now my primary 5A player… The gap handles stalls well and the plastic is forgiving on a drop… I find that the empty feel goes away with 5A play and it makes me very happy inside… I kind of want to cry…

All in all I am very happy with this yoyo… It took some getting used to but the play and the amazing price tag have brought this yoyo right up into my collection…

I’d reccomend it to any one… I mean at $17 usd you cant go wrong…

Look out Legacy! You've got competition!

nice review i also like mine but my sisters dont its supper loud and i cant even take the bearing and spacers apart anyone know how to do it

four words,super small flathead screwdriver.just jimmy it on in.it still a bit of work though. and make sure you dont dent the bearing shield