Dark magic 2 acid rims edition review

The Dark Magic 2 is a widely known yoyo between yoyoers all around the world. It is the signature series of National Master Andre Boulay which made its way to 1st in the national and 2nd in the world yoyo contest.

I will not post the stats because it is all up there in the shops, so I will just share my thoughts and compare it. I am very sorry, I do not have pictures for it. :frowning:

First thoughts: Right out of the box, it just looked great. I have not played with the original speed bearing because I immediately changed the bearing into a Konkave. In the first throw, I was pretty amazed how well it played. I felt I had absolute control over the yoyo. It felt comfortable in the hands and light. Because of the lightness I could move the yoyo fast, although I am definitely not a fast player.

For tricks.
Suicides: I’m not really good at suicides but at most times they are fine.

Grinds: This is what I am really impressed at. I love grinds, and after I did a couple of grinds I felt that this yoyo was just amazing at grinds for its price. Thumb grinds, arm grinds were pheonomenal. However the plastic in the center made it a little hard for finger grinds.

Regenerations: I am not good at this too, but they are pretty clean in my opinion.

String tricks: This yoyo has no problems and take everything I throw at. For this price this yoyo is an exceptional player.

Whips: It has a pretty large gap so I’d say that whips are pretty easy to do on this yoyo.

Hops: It’s very good at hops too, because of its wide gap.

Chopsticks: It’s just like the other yoyos, OK.

Pros:

• Awesome play for its price
  • Great for all levels
  • Cheap
  • Fun to play with
  • Good looking

Cons:

• Not very good at finger grinds

I cannot find cons that much until now for this yoyo.

I do not have yoyos to make comarison with, so I can’t make a comparison sorry :-\

Final thoughts: Must buy. Really. Even if you’re an expert, this yoyo is just a good one to have and carry around. It plays really well for its price, and for me it’s just fun to play around with. Thanks for reading my review, and it would be helpful if you guys tell me what I have to fix or add. ;D

I got a purple one for Christmas. Good throw. Nice review by the way:)

1 Like

did you pop off the caps

Yes, I did becaues I like thumb grinds :slight_smile:

I did because I hate the caps. I also got the acid wash, which I found pretty but less vibrant in person

Took me hours to get one of my caps off.

I love this Yoyo for its price. Can handle anything in do, and I can do lots of tricks

Maybe it’s just me but it looks a lot bigger in the trick videos than I expected. It’s still my best throw yet. Super balanced and smooth. I got a blue one with an orange string and the colors just explode!!! Love it!!!

Love mine, too. Considering getting one in the Toxic Frog colourway they’ve recently added…

Just use a suction cup.

1 Like