stuck at the beginning of the ladder mount

I am trying to to learn ladder escape. At the beginning of the ladder mount, these are the steps I am doing: 1) Throw a break away like I am going to do a double or nothing, but instead I use my thumb on my non throw hand instead of my index finger. 2) when the string goes over my index throw finger, I swing the yoyo under and over the strings and around my index finger and at the same time, curling my throw hand index finger. 3) what string do I put my thumb through that is around my index finger???

I looked at andre’s video and Grawrd’s video…can’t pin point which string it is

Here is something that might help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltqfX-EVpYY&feature=channel_page

If you still cant get that way of a ladder mount i have found a easyer way into one.
part1. double or nothing.
part2. pop yoyo onto top string like the part in black hops, remember to release the string with your non throw hand- you should be in a wierd trapeze and bro mount with a twist in the loop.
part3.with your non throw hand take the string(in that hand) and cicle the yoyo, the yoyo shouldnt be on any strings-this move should take the yoyo of the string.
part4. holding all the string land in a trapeze and theres the ladder mount.
hope you under stood this.
matt.

Good to know you’re learning it correctly.

There should be an eensey weensey twist on your throwhand pointer. Your thumb goes in there.