dm2 unscrew

For no reason that I know of, all of the sudden my dm2 won’t unscrew because the little metal thing in the center is sliding with the plastic instead of staying firm… so now when I try to unscrew it, it just slides… help plz

What little metal thing? Can you upload a picture?

he means the axle

Obviously.

You probably have a stripped yo-yo half. Grab both halves tightly and pull them apart. Keep pulling firmly as you try to twist. By pulling firmly, I mean pull the halves away from each other like you’re trying to pull the yo-yo apart, but twist as you’re doing it. Pull hard, and keep twisting. If it’s partially stripped, the pressure you’re applying should force the axle into the unbroken thread and allow you to unscrew it. From that point, you should be able to determine whether it’s the axle or the yo-yo that’s stripped.

It sounds to me like he broke the brass insert (I guess its the solid spin axle setup now) out. If you just pull the two halves apart (don’t pull very hard, just in case) do they come apart, and then does the axle have a metal piece sitting on it? If so, the solid spin axle setup broke out of the plastic. If so, it means you’re pretty much out of luck. You can get some modders to do a hub mod but that’s about the only thing that would keep the DM2 alive. A hub mod is taking the guts of one yoyo and putting it in another.

If you ordered it from YoYoExpert and you have a problem like this just contact us directly: Contact@YoYoExpert.com
Or http://yoyoexpert.com/contact.html

We are here to help. :wink:

Excuse me allaroundyoyo, but i thought plastics only go so far?

No?

I am paraphrasing what he said in one of his reviews on the pgm. which i think is redonculus

1 Like