Zipline Strings question

hi hi, i’m sorting through strings right now and I have a “Rhapsody PH22”. Do any Zipline fans know if this is the same as the EP. 20/20 strings? What IS the EP. 20/20 strings? And was there only one kind made in white? I just have general confusion, thank you for any help

Hello Cake

Here the product description for the E.p. 20/20 they come in yellow and white as well.

I tried them (had a pack of 5) and are amazing, sorry I can’t help with the other string but I just found some explanations online that maybe can help.

https://www.ziplinestrings.com/signature-edition.html

3 Likes

thank you! i have a hypothesis that the PH22 and KC24 strings were created, people loved them, and they remade and improved the strings with ep.20/20 and combined them. i think this means that the white/yellow ep. 2020 in the same thickness even though kieran and paul preferred different thicknesses.

2 Likes

If you want to be double sure just contact the guys at Zipline directly, they are super chill honestly, I am pretty sure they will be happy to help you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

https://www.ziplinestrings.com/signature-edition.html

These Strings unfortunately have been retired from the Poly offerings in the current line up. KC24 Whites are really good and my personal favorites; maybe @jeremypark will bring them out of retirement one of these first Fridays. Never really clicked with the EP 20/20s as they are slippery, the Dunk Laces are a fatter Yellow EP20/20.

1 Like

I know that if @jeremypark has the time, he would probably love to talk string theory with you…yo-yo string theory that is. :rofl:

2 Likes

I have an unrelated Zipline String question but figured this would be a good thread for it.

Did anyone get some of the new “Arietic” string blend? How do they compare to the SkyLine III? After trying a lot of boutique strings the SkyLine IIIs have been my favorite.

1 Like

i don’t have any on me yet, but i know @Conbon picked some up, maybe he has insight. airetic is 100% nylon, so it’s probably going to be bouncier, more inconsistent, softer, slippier, and faster than skyline III

1 Like

So I haven’t had as much time to use them as I’d like because of busy work schedule. But the one I have played so far feels significantly less bouncy than the skyline, and a bit more dense. Whips are fast. Little bit slippier on binds too but not terrible. It’s the only pure nylon I’ve played so far so I can’t compare to other pure nylon strings but it does play different than skyline.

I’d say it doesn’t really feel that similar to the skylines to me, it definitely has its own identity and it’s very evident when you string it up. It’s an enjoyable string though :slight_smile:

1 Like