YYR "typeface" yoyo series

So far my favorites are the two original releases, the Futura and the Helvetica.

Does anyone know if YYR has any further plans for this series? Something H-shaped and something organic would be good since none of the existing yoyos in the series fall into those shape categories.

5 Likes

Tell me more about the Helvetica, @zslane. I’m interested

Well, the way I think of it is in terms of yoyos you might not have ever tried. For instance, it looks and feels a lot like a Sengoku Ashigaru, but it plays with nearly the same power and stability of a Sleipnir. In other words, it is a very comfortable, rounded-V shape yoyo with a surprising amount if power and stability. Surprising because it doesn’t have big fat outer rims but plays like it does.

4 Likes

How about Futura? I’ve seen some videos about it, could you tell me what you liked most?

I like that it has an extreme W shape, like the Format:C. It is all catch zone. And it feels more like a 64g yoyo than a 66g yoyo; it feels very zippy and light.

3 Likes

Have you tried the optima? Ive seen a lot of people using it and was wondering if its any good😅

I’ve tried them all and they are all very good. The Futura and Helvetica are my favorites, but only by a small margin. I would happily break out any of the four and play them.

1 Like