YYFr Peregrine vs Offset Outlier 3

The specs are remarkably similar. For those who have played both, how do they compare?

I’ve had an Outleir 3. Personally, I found it a bit lacking in power, likely due to its light weight. I also generally prefer yoyos with a width <45mm. Despite this, after hearing so much praise for the Peregrine, I’m tempted to get one (though my wallet tells me I shouldn’t). Any insight is appreciated!

2 Likes

I’d say peregrine is on the less aggressively rim weighted side of yyfr bimetals. it can be found on bst for 60 pretty frequently

3 Likes

Agree with zaf. I recommend the brass rim version if you’re looking for power. I also recommend grabbing some brass polishing compound while you’re at it.

1 Like

Not that I’m complaining, but why are the selling for so cheap used? Aren’t they like $110-140 new (depending on splash and rim material)?

Yyfr makes them plenty available so people can easily buy one new if they want an a-grade and there’s enough in the market that it’s easy to get for cheap

1 Like

I really like the Peregrine a lot. Two things I will say about it is the response is really snaggy at first with fat string until the response pads wear in. It does make it great for binds once it does wear in though. Also, atleast in my opinion, for being 46mm Id say it plays/feels much wider than some of my other 46mm yoyos because the shape is so flared out you get every last millimeter of width. That said it’s a great yoyo, I been using it a lot lately.

I got mine for a steal on eBay for $60 with an edge fs 2.0 included. I think there’s a new version of the Peregrine coming out soon.

1 Like

I thought it was just outlier + and not outlier 3 anymore

Outlier + is a wider version of the Outlier 3 with beefier rims.