YYF Supernova or DUNCAN Metal Drifter ?

I have drifters and they all have dif pads in them with ceramic kk bearings and I have also thrown on several occasions a supernova. My friend has one and he keeps asking to play with my drifters and hands me his supernova. If a drifter is set up right it is in my opinion better then the supernova. But you must consider why I think that too. Size difference. they both play exceptional and my drifter even with the modifications cost less. Price doesn’t necessarily mean better. But I like smaller yoyos and the drifter is a lot smaller then the supernova. Same reason my friend likes my drifters. Accually he offered to trade and I told him the price difference. He said he would keep his nova. Trade it on the bst and then have me build him a drifter with change to spare. Point is you need to figure out what size do you want to play with. The drifter is able to be every bit capable of anything a nova can do just smaller and easier to go in and out of strings. And if your learning the drifter can be changed along with your style. But a nova can also be set up in any way for your style of play as with any yoyo. Again it comes down to size and shape. Enjoy which ever you choose and remember to have fun.

thank you for your suggest

The size and weight is what keeps the drifter as a fav for me as well. Mine has dif pads and a center track “a”.

Another interesting fact while on that subject for around 14 bucks you can buy a yyf pocket change and it comes with an $11 dollar center track bearing. Stick the duncan bearing in the pocket change and you have a beater to let people try and an awesome bearing for all of your small bearing yoyos!

Drifter is great for beginners from what ive heard. I actually have a supernova and its my fave yoyo. It is incredibly smooth and sleeps forever. but if your a beginner and have 10 more dollars to spend, than i would get the Dark magic 2 bc it comes responsive but there is a unresponsive bearing in the box. ;D

NECRO!!!

You can still set up the drifter for advanced play. Pull off one friction/silicone sticker and clean the bearing, easy. I had two drifters but traded both for a campfire. I say if you are just starting out, go with the drifter. Throw it til it’s beat, and then buy the supernova. Supernova is the keeper. Don’t forget about the new yo mega maverick if you are into butterfly shape. Supernova is a different shape so it’ll play different.

So, the supernova is hands down one of my favorite yoyos (and no I’m not a noob who only uses yyf, I just think it compliments my code 2 and cascade and clyws quite nicely), however, it is like 50 dollars more expensive. I have used a drifter as well. It is a good beginners yoyo out of the box, but if you want advance play, literally just clean the bearing, and if you have used it for any amount of time to break in the pads, it will be less responsive. For dead unresponsive, you can either take out a pad, put in a size a center trac, or replace the pads with grind machine size yyf broad pads.

Not that yyf is at all noobish of course, that is just something that some people say about yyf fans.

1. New*
  2. No we didn’t, but we knew that there is a $90 price difference smart one.

the supernova is much better for advanced play, if you are a beginner then get a metal drifter.

calm yourself, and realize you just revived a year old thread.

[b]

IT’S ALIIIIIVVVEEEEEE!!![/b]

Wow I just watched that movie.

So we talking original made in the USA Supernova or the Supernova 2012?

Is this a trick question?

I would definitely go Supernova because it is anodized unlike the Metal Drifter and therefore more durable.