YYF Special Release Weekend!

The new clear Protostar with the red weight ring looks so clean.

I’m definitely picking up one or two when it drops ;D

the new Protostars are bead blasted I heard…

Oh man. If they are bead blasted, I will have to get two lol

They sure are! Well, I don’t know specifically about “bead blasted” but they definitely have a “sandy”, more grind friendly finish in the catch zone.

As far as color goes, I love the look of the Gunmetal with Red Rings. Super clean and super mean.

The Doomsday Genesis was 7075, was also lighter than the original Genesis, and is still to date one of the best performing throws I have ever come across in terms of spin and stability.

To quote the yoyodoc:

He would be a wise man to go with the 7075.

The only reservation I have is with recent YYF throws is build quality. My new Superstar came through a few days ago along with a CLYW Puffin, and the difference in build quality between the two is noticable. The USA made 7075 Genesis and Supernovas were much better built than their chinese counterparts, but as much as it pains me to say it, the new Superstar felt slightly cheap to me. It had slight vibe straight out of the box and compared to my Onedrop Chik, which was roughly the same price, the quality difference is suprising…

I know that as demand and quantities go up, then the quality is inevitably going to go down. Unlike Onedrop, YYF don’t have the advantage of machining everything in-house, and outsourcing is required in order to meet their demand. But still, the lower quality control, the cheap colourways and lazy splashes… I love YYF but they should be focusing on making their current yoyos better, rather than throwing out tonnes of new ones.

Nice!

The Gunmetal with Red Rings does look clean too. YYF is killin it with colorways. I honestly didn’t think they’d come up with anything that could top the Shaqlerstar colorway but these just look so godly

Not trying to derail my own thread here, but would you say that the Doomsday Genesis PLAYED lighter, heavier, or about the same as a normal Genesis? I know 7075’s tend to feel more solid, but maybe the slight drop in weight would counteract this phenomenon? I’m just asking so that if I decide to grab one of these Genesis I can make the best choice for myself between versions (I don’t like heavy throws very much).

Unfortunately I haven’t tried a normal Genesis, so I can’t give an accurate comparison, but the 7075 Genesis feels rather heavy on the string and plays very solidly and deliberately. It isnt exactly “a ships anchor on a string”, but a fast, “floaty” throw it definately is not. If you know that you don’t like heavy throws (or at least, heavy feeling throws) then I would avoid it.

Im gonna go buy a cheap Genesis off a B/S board right now and I’ll let you know in a few days. I never really thought about the fact that I own 2 Doomsday’s, but hadn’t tried a normal one… =P

makes me sad and hesitant to buy one

I’m a big yoyofactory fan and most of my collection is made up of them, but honestly I would save your money. Don’t get me wrong, it is a great throw… but when for almost the same price you can get a fantastic throw that performs better, is built better and feels nicer (Chik), I don’t see why it’s worth spending your money on the Superstar instead.

Also, we got royally shafted by YYF EU over here. They ramped the price up to the equivalent of $116.00 just because we live in the UK. There was public outrage, and rightly so. Absolutely shameful.

I’d like to try the HOT and Shutter but that’s about it.

Well it would be strange for Harold Owens to have a signature yoyo with a “W” on it. ::slight_smile:

I think I recall them posting a picture of that H.O.T on the YYF isntagram and said that was for Harold only and isnt going to be sold. As long as you dont profit or sell those with that logo there is no legal consequence. I dont like yellow and black but that is a cool looking ano on it.

My Chik came with slight vibe also. Not saying it wasn’t a quality product, but it wasn’t “perfection in a box”.

I wonder if they actually let gentry design it. I haven’t talked to gentry in a while I’m gonna text him and say good luck and also try and get him to hook me up with a sig throw. He likes sneakers and I have plenty of kicks so I’m gonna see.

Could just be that the side effects aren’t installed properly? When my one drops vibe I take out one sife effeft turn it a quarter turn and then put it back in and hopefully it will be vibeless. You might have already known this but I figured incase you didn’t I would write it up here. I want to go down to one drop and pick up a chik I heard they have A grade chik’s with engraving flaws for 20$!!

Anyone else think that “Shutter” sounds like a really creepy horror movie?

It is a horror movie. I think it was originally a Japanese picture, and they did an American remake a few years ago.

I think the Shutter looks awesome.

I thought of “Shutter” as a photography term.

So many new throws to try! Supernova,genesis,severe,valor,rally,yeti,superstar,shutter,CZM84DT! And I haven’t even tried the original genesis yet :-\ lol

Shutter was about a photographer, ;).